Harmony…sauna & steam room?

Numer3

My dad spends every afternoon working out then using a sauna/steam room. 7 days a week! Where/how can he do this? Is the only option using the Thermal Suite? Does the men’s locker room not offer anything similar? 

How do you book the Thermal Suite? I can’t find it on the app. We sail on Harmony this Sunday. Hope it’s not too late?

Thanks!!

We were just on Harmony last week.  We used the Thermal Suite, which does have the sauna/steam rooms.  Along with the Thermal beds.  We purchased for week after we got on the ship.  Go to the Spa to purchase.  The ladies locker rooms did not have free sauna/steam rooms as I had used in the past on other ships so assuming the men's locker room is the same.

Edited by sailingduo
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Numer3 said:

Sailingduo, thanks for the info!!

How  much is a weeks pass at the thermal suites? Was it very crowded? 
thanks !!!

We had a couples pass, it ran close to $300.    At times the beds were all being used, seems there were 8 of them.  We usually went down early afternoon for about an hour at a time.  We very seldom had anyone sharing the sauna with us. 

5 hours ago, Numer3 said:

Sailingduo, thanks for the info!!

How  much is a weeks pass at the thermal suites? Was it very crowded? 
thanks !!!

• Thanks 1

I would highly recommend purchasing the thermal suite pass prior to the cruise. I have been on two cruises this year (Harmony and Odyssey) where thermal suite passes were sold out prior to the cruise. Fortunately I had already purchased a pass for both cruises. I always buy a pass for the thermal suite on any ship that has one, since there aren’t free saunas or steam rooms available on these ships. I enjoy spending time relaxing in saunas/steam rooms after working out. Just an FYI, I was on Liberty a few weeks ago…definitely the best (i.e. hot) free saunas/steam rooms i have used in several years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sailingduo & Phillyfan33579, thank y’all so much for the info!! I just got on and signed up for my father. Although it asked me to pick a time for the first day.

Do you have to make reservations each day???

thanks! 

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2023 at 3:40 PM, sailingduo said:

We were just on Harmony last week.  We used the Thermal Suite, which does have the sauna/steam rooms.  Along with the Thermal beds.  We purchased for week after we got on the ship.  Go to the Spa to purchase.  The ladies locker rooms did not have free sauna/steam rooms as I had used in the past on other ships so assuming the men's locker room is the same.

So, just so I understand, the sauna and steam room are not co-ed?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 2:37 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I enjoy spending time relaxing in saunas/steam rooms after working out. Just an FYI, I was on Liberty a few weeks ago…definitely the best (i.e. hot) free saunas/steam rooms i have used in several years. 

Same here.  On Liberty, I would use their workout area for about an hour or so - really loved the fact that the treadmills faced forward instead of to the side - and then head off to the men's locker room to use the steam room and sauna.  The sauna was nice and the steam room could get pretty hot to the point where I could only be in there for about 5 minutes.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2024 at 2:41 PM, trafaelwyr said:

Same here.  On Liberty, I would use their workout area for about an hour or so - really loved the fact that the treadmills faced forward instead of to the side - and then head off to the men's locker room to use the steam room and sauna.  The sauna was nice and the steam room could get pretty hot to the point where I could only be in there for about 5 minutes.

Steam room is more tolerable if you put a towel over your head when you walk into it. The hot steam hitting the face and eyes makes it more intense.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2024 at 2:29 PM, Krazcruiser said:

I just signed up, cost 109 pp 7 days

Ah, ok.  I have an onboard credit of $150, so some of that I've put towards an excursion, so I might use the rest to put towards the spa and pay the rest of it on my account.