Anything positive about the Millenium?

dennis36nc

Hello,

My DW and I are booked on the 4/16 sailing of the Millenium. I am discouraged after reading the reviews posted on this website. Has anyone been on a recent sailing? What is the condition of the ship?

I read somewhere that she was in dry dock recently, don't they refurbish the ship then?

I have used these boards with all our cruises and have found them to be helpful and accurate. We are looking foward to trying Celebrity but I can't seem to find anything positive about this ship on this board.

I know that there alot of good things about the Millenium and I would appreciate hearing them after reading all these reports.

Thanks

Dennis

Hello,

My DW and I are booked on the 4/16 sailing of the Millenium. I am discouraged after reading the reviews posted on this website. Has anyone been on a recent sailing? What is the condition of the ship?

I read somewhere that she was in dry dock recently, don't they refurbish the ship then?

I have used these boards with all our cruises and have found them to be helpful and accurate. We are looking foward to trying Celebrity but I can't seem to find anything positive about this ship on this board.

I know that there alot of good things about the Millenium and I would appreciate hearing them after reading all these reports.

Thanks

Dennis

Dennis-

I am booked on Millie on the 5/14 sailing and have heard many good things about her. Friends who have sailed Celebrity have assured me that should anything be below standard, all you have to do is talk to your steward and he'she will take care of it.

Dennis, I had the same concern when we booked the Millie for our Barcelona to Venice cruise departing 07/01/06.

The only downside I have found repeatedly here is that some parts of the ship tend to have a sewage smell during rough seas on South American itineraries. Other than that, it should be smooth sailing! Have a great trip :)

Hello,

Thanks

Dennis

My wife and I are also on the 4/16 Cruise. I have heard a little about these problems but they have been few and far between. All ships have this kind of problem in heavy seas because of the CHT tanks getting stirred. 98% of all I have heard has been positive. We are looking forward to this cruise. Going to be on the sky deck 9038 anyway looking forward to it. See you then.

gadget - we are in 9038 right before you. We'll try not to trash the room when they physically remove us on the last day!

Millie is a great ship. Beautiful with excellent service. I think the transatlantic and the South American itineraries have rough seas which can cause some "issues." Since you are in the Caribbean you should be just fine. This is our 3rd time and we are looking forward to returning in just a few short weeks.

In short, the Millennium was a beautiful ship, in near-perfect condition, when we were on her last June. I would love to have a cruise booked on her right now....maybe next year.

My one and only complaint is that the Millennium artwork is weird. Head shaking, "what were they thinking", weird. Everything else was the best I have ever cruised.

Stop worrying, you will love her too!!

We were on the Millie in December in the Eastern Caribbean, and found her to be in exceptional shape. I too was concerned about some of the postings I had seen regarding issues like lack of maintenance, but can truthfully state that I saw absolutely nothing to justify these comments/complaints. She was in immaculate condition, stem to stern. I think you should be prepared to have a most enjoyable cruise - don't worry!

My parents will be sailing with you on the 16th--you are so lucky!! I went on this ship in 12/03 and we loved it. In fact the following year we went on a different ship and the whole time kept saying--this is not as good as the Millennium in any way!~~

Hey Dennis,

We too are on the same sailing. We sailed on her last year and are really looking forward to it in a few weeks.

I don't know how to say this without getting some people mad. But there are people that post here, Trip Advisor and other sites that will always have something to complain about. Heck, my grown daughter is like that. Her life is not complete unless she is complaining about something. Not right or wrong, just the way it is.

Not that there might have been problems and I do think there are a few that had some legitimate issues. To those people, this post is not meant for you. But, based on how many people sail, there are very few with legitimate complaints. Take most of these complaints with a grain of salt.

Most of the complaints have to do they way you look at issues that come up. Just look at trip reports. People sail on the same ship and some had a fabulous time and 1 or 2 had a rotten time. They ate the same meals and some people thought it was 1 star while others loved it. They had the same staff and some thought they were rude while others thought the were the best they ever had. My point is, it is up to you.

It's your choice whether you will enjoy this cruise. It is a great ship, with a fantastic staff. Go in with that attitude and you'll be fine. I will have a blast. Other than health issues there probably will not be anything that will ruin it for me. OK, a crying baby in the cabin next to me might, but that is not the fault of the cruise ship :)

Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

Duane

We just got off after a two week South America around Cape Horn. I wondered what people could ever complain about. Millie is a beautiful ship and in good (not brand new!) condition. The crew attitude and the service was always excellent. The food was generally very good with an occasional disappointment (mainly the frozen fish). The entertainment was terrific. And, besides the wonderful ports we got to, we also encountered a day or two of very rough seas (35-40 ft waves and 100 mph wind). I think most people came prepared with Bonine or something as people were still showing up to eat!!! Anyway, the Captain did a marvelous job and I would be happy to go back on Millennium again. And I've cruised some really good lines.

The Millennium "Celebrity Singers and Dancers" did a major energetic show every few days and they were a real treat. We had some visiting entertainers who may or may not be with you. A favorite of our is Anthony Salci who plays his own piano arrangements of all the wonderful tunes you can think of. He's so talented. We had a London stage singer and a comedian and a multi instrumentalist (any such word?) - all of whom were very talented and entertaining. We also had the French couple (whom I've also seen on another cruise - Dominique and somebody) whose dance is incredible. Always worth going to the show in our opinion. They had to change the schedule around a couple times so that the dancers didn't have to dance when the ship was rocking and rolling.

Our instrumental quartet at dinner (Polish group) was very nice. And the guitarist in the Lobby was very good. There was always good stuff going on!

If you look at a posting I just made about Millie specialty restaurant reservations, you'll see my comments about Olympic.

Archived