Specialty Dining Charge more than app states?

CruisingTheWaves

My apologies if this has already been asked or if there is an obvious explanation. I’ve been out of the cruising lingo since 2019 and we are booked for our first cruise since 2019 this coming March. I want to book Eden for a night and the app says the cover charge is $60 per person. Does anyone know why when I try to book the reservation it says it’s  $77.99 per person? I get that they add on gratuities as well, but that’s not part of the $77.99 charge. I go on to the next step and it’s an additional $31.18 on there for gratuities. It’s not doing this for any other specialty restaurant, the prices all match up to what the app says for those. I want to reserve my time but certainly don’t want to pay more than I should. Anyone have an answer to this? Thinking I may have to just wait and call Celebrity in the morning.

IMG_4095.jpeg

IMG_4096.jpeg

IMG_4097.jpeg

1 hour ago, peterde said:

Did you try on the website? Celebrity’s IT leaves a lot to be desired. 

Haha, I did know that, but yes, just looked, says the same. At this rate it makes more sense to just cancel my Fine Cut reservations and then just get the 3 night specialty package for each of us.

Edited by CruisingTheWaves

3 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Is your app outdated? That is the old price. My app shows a correct price of $85. 

Nope, my app was recently updated. Based on those costs though it makes way more sense for me to just book a package instead. Then we'd get 3 nights for the same price as if I did one now for Eden and Fine Cut.

Currently showing 8% off on planner. Until 12/27.   $77.99, regularly $85

1 hour ago, CruisingTheWaves said:

Nope, my app was recently updated. Based on those costs though it makes way more sense for me to just book a package instead. Then we'd get 3 nights for the same price as if I did one now for Eden and Fine Cut.

6 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Currently showing 8% off on planner. Until 12/27.   $77.99, regularly $85

I know, but if you see my photo above, the info about Eden page still shows $60 pp. Then you click next and suddenly it says $77.99 with the 8% discount off of $85. Apparently they just upped it and I missed that boat, but my point is that if it is $85 now, they need to get their act together and state that on the "about Eden" page. My concern is if I were to book the 3 night specialty package, I'd have to wait to book any reservations until I am on board and I am not cool with a 6 or 9pm res if that's all that's available for a certain restaurant on a certain night (or all), so for that matter I will probably just suck it up and book the 2 nights separately to ensure I can at least get in by 8pm those nights. The cost is excessive but what the heck isn't these days.

Edited by CruisingTheWaves