Today December 24, Celebrity canceled my shore excursion at Stavanger, Norway

gerelmx

14 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

I did not contract with the operator, I contracted with Celebrity and Celebrity is the one who owes me my money.

I never said that they didn't. But you've been whining incessantly that they cancelled your shore excursion on Xmas Eve and I'm just pointing out to you that in actuality it was the tour operator who cancelled your excursion, not Celebrity.  

15 hours ago, gerelmx said:

why Celebrity delays so much time in refund the money 

They don't.  They have already refunded it.  Do you think they are lying when they made that statement?  By my experience credit card charges immediately post to an account, but a credit (refund) typically posts 3-4 days later.  Like I said, get back to us if it's not there in a week.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2023 at 2:04 PM, gerelmx said:

Incredible, yes, today Sunday, December 24 at 11:59 am I received an email from Celebrity, they canceled my excursion in Stavanger, they mentioned that I can book any other excursion of my choice and that I should wait 30 days for the refund to my credit card. It's ridiculous to wait a month for the refund when I pay them in cash and I really miss the time and day of the mail, which nope is supposed to be closed for the holidays. agh :😡😡
Another bad point, the excursion is still in my cruise planner and it does not allow me to book another excursion since there is duplication in the schedules.

A lot of times it is not the cruise line that cancels but the supplier for the excursion that cancels.  Sometimes it is both to keep the passenger safe if there is some kind of civil discourse, being Norway I doubt that was the reason.  This could be a staffing issue, or weather related.  Did you have any other details, what the excursion was or what was the date?

I have also had an excursion for that port canceled for a cruise that occurs in August, so eight months from now. Perhaps the excursion operator has gone out of business.  It’s far too early for the cancellation to be weather related.  The refund has been processed and received.

38 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

A lot of times it is not the cruise line that cancels but the supplier for the excursion that cancels.  Sometimes it is both to keep the passenger safe if there is some kind of civil discourse, being Norway I doubt that was the reason.  This could be a staffing issue, or weather related.  Did you have any other details, what the excursion was or what was the date?

Norwegian Fjords cruise, Silhouette Jun1 17 to June 24, Stavanger Saturday June 22

Now I have purchase 2 shore excursions at Stavanger. in the morning Small Group: Rib Boat Tour going to see the Lysefjord and the Pulpit rock. And afternoon Small Group: Stavangers Mansions