Rebooked to new room, Will my dining reservations stay linked?

Aliens_300c

Alright Folks, I'm going to try to explain this fiasco to the best of my abilities. 

I was booked in a "guaranteed inside stateroom" on the April 3rd 2024 10 day mexico solar eclipse cruise from Los Angeles,

I've been trying to get my room upgraded to a balcony for the longest time. Finally today I was told by someone on the phone with princess 

to book a new balcony room (when one comes available) online. Give them a call back and they would transfer the money I've already paid from my old booking to my new booking and cancel my old booking. So I was able to complete the first task, booking a new balcony stateroom *hooray!* then when I called them back they told me I had to pay the full balance on my new booking, they would cancel my old booking and I would get a complete refund. so begrudgingly I did so...

Here's where things get spicy. 
With my old reservation I had four 360 experience dining reservations that I had already paid for and booked (Two of them being Christmas presents to another couple cruising in a separate stateroom). as well as a sabatini's restaurant on the first night. 

Does anyone know if I will lose those reservations even though they've been paid for and I'm still on the same ship just in a different stateroom? The person on the phone said "Rest assured I will note on your booking to have four 360 dining experience reservations for the night and time." but they followed that sentence by "right now we're upgrading our specialty dining reservations and I can't access any of that information" 

If I end up losing those 360 experience reservations I'll be extremely bummed and might just lose it a little. Does anyone have any advice or has anyone ever been in this situation (changed booking/stateroom, kept or lost dining reservations)

Also, I ended up losing $200 in OBC. Which is a loss I know but I feel like 10 days with a balcony is worth losing the $200

Any information or feedback would be appreciated. thanks! happy new years & happy sailing!

I would be surprised if the 360 reservations carried over as they are associated with a booking number which is no longer valid.  Log into the new app and see if the reservations carried over.  Also, check the credit card you paid with to see if the monies have been refunded on there

Edited by kiwimum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aliens_300c said:

Edit: I don't see the money I spent on specialty dining (360) on the cancellation refund receipt.

Agree with @kiwimum above.  DMW bookings will drop when a booking is cancelled.  Need to be re-established.  IDK if the 360 funds are in a separate "bucket" or not.  I would have pointed all the extras out to the agent and had them make sure to port over to the new booking. 

Now, they did tell you they setup a new res for you, but didn't explicitly mention the money.  Login to the new booking in Cruise Personalizer and check your Travel Summary.  Call up the new res in the App as suggested above and see if 36 is reported. 

You can always call in and get a phone rep to review what payments they have recorded for you such as deposit, final payment, other orders, etc.  Did you book using a CVP (Cruise Vacation Planner)?  Contact them and not the overseas call support to deal with this if you feel your payment is missing.  You shouldn't get a 360 refund if your reservations are still active.