Does anyone know who is Head of Housekeeping on Sirena?

flaminkokid

I've got the world's worst back. Oceania has been very good about trying to accommodate me in the past. But I'd love to give housekeeping a head's up. The pillowtop has to come off and whatever else can be done to make the mattress as firm as possible. We're on Sirena for three cruises--Jan. 14 to Feb. 16th and it's really important to me. Whatever they can do for me will go along way in making me a happy cruiser. Sleeping on the floor is not a great alternative.

Looking forward to a month of sun, fabulous food and, hopefully, a hard bed. 

36 minutes ago, flaminkokid said:

I've got the world's worst back. Oceania has been very good about trying to accommodate me in the past. But I'd love to give housekeeping a head's up. The pillowtop has to come off and whatever else can be done to make the mattress as firm as possible. We're on Sirena for three cruises--Jan. 14 to Feb. 16th and it's really important to me. Whatever they can do for me will go along way in making me a happy cruiser. Sleeping on the floor is not a great alternative.

No need to contact Sirena's housekeeping directly; contact your TA (or O-rep) today and have them relay this info to O (just like for distilled water or other medical needs). The normal requirement for special services is 60 days before embarkation, so it's already late. That said, your accommodation should be easily met with onboard resources, so I would think O would have it ready the first day. When your cabin attendant/butler checks in, confirm it's been done (if not obvious already).

Edited by AMHuntFerry
not sure where I got 60 days from so take it for what it's worth ;)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, flaminkokid said:

What's a pillow top?

Edited by Acrusa

Just now, AMHuntFerry said:

It's a removable layer of "squishy" (usually 1-4 inches thick) that attaches to the top of the mattress. Very nice unless you have back issues or like a firm mattress.

just ask the room steward to remove the bolsters and leave only your sleeping pillows also instruct them to untuck your sheets at night so you don't have to pull sheets out a and strain your back

6 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

just ask the room steward to remove the bolsters and leave only your sleeping pillows also instruct them to untuck your sheets at night so you don't have to pull sheets out a and strain your back

Oops, didn't describe it well...a pillow top is not a pillow, it is the same size as the mattress (e.g. king size) and is a "pillowy" layer.

Contact Special Needs, well in advance.  (Okay, it's already too late for "well in advance" 😉  so contact them ASAP!)

Explain precisely what you need, keeping in mind what they have to work with on board.

[There are ways to have special equipment rented and waiting in your cabin/suite, but there's no time for that now.]

They should communicate this to the ship, and there will probably be someone on board who will be in touch with you from the start to make sure it is working for you.

Just do your best to help them to help you!

That is far better than not speaking up, and complaining later.

And then, ENJOY!

GC

On 12/28/2023 at 3:36 PM, flaminkokid said:

Just got off Sirena yesterday, housekeeping managers name is Victoria (not spelled correctly), lovely lady.