Savings book?

57 minutes ago, sandinmyshoes said:

Is there a discount book I can buy that provides savings on multiple sights of interest in Sydney or across NZ? 

These days savings are done electronically on line or hotel bookings have add on's at discount prices  . Ask Google discount Sydney harbour cruises. Everything from dinner, luncheon, NYE and Tarragona zoo pops up. 

1 hour ago, yarramar said:

This is the best of such things here & NZ. Read through for your needs.

https://www.entertainment.com.au/

Ah, the old Entertainment book.

You used to buy it from various charities. Great stuff. Usually 2-for-one deals or 50% off.

We went to many places we wouldn't have tried otherwise.

I haven't tried the online version. 

• Like 1

I would like to know what the actual merchant discounts are before spending a lot of money on the book. I would want to at least break even, otherwise what is the point? There is a page on their where you select a city and it comes back with around 6 merchant offers. There is nothing there I am interested in. If anyone knows of a complete list of the offers, especially for NZ merchants are you able to share please?

35 minutes ago, Ima Ginaree said:

I would like to know what the actual merchant discounts are before spending a lot of money on the book. I would want to at least break even, otherwise what is the point? There is a page on their where you select a city and it comes back with around 6 merchant offers. There is nothing there I am interested in. If anyone knows of a complete list of the offers, especially for NZ merchants are you able to share please?

There should be a similar number of merchants and savings in each city if you choose a single city. If you travel a lot, just eating out at another city could pay for the book if you choose all cities & NZ.

One example of what you could save is the 4% on Woolies vouchers. If you spend $100 a week on groceries, that alone will save you over $200 for the year.

At $40 for everywhere for 3 months, a visitor to Oz & NZ could save $1000's

• Like 1