MDR reservation pre boarding?

Dinah1230

This is our first Celebrity cruise (though we’ve sailed other lines). We do like to have dinner at the same time every night but the reserved times with our Concierge class cabin appear to be only 6pm or 8:30. 6 is too early; 8:30 a tad too late. Can we schedule all MDR reservations after check in but before the cruise?

Just now, Dinah1230 said:

I’d rather not “just show up.” I thought I had read somewhere that you can make MDR reservations.

You can make MDR reservations in your Cruise Planner. Go to “Dining” and scroll to the bottom (past all the specialty dining) and you will see the link there.

6 hours ago, Tierun said:

Instead of selecting the early or late seating times, choose celebrity select (my time dining) and just show up at your preferred time.

We just booked a December 2024 Ascent cruise and the my time dining option was greyed out, it only allowed you to choose 6:00 or 8:30 pm.  Does not matter to us that we chose 6:00 because we are not interested in Main Dining rooms, we will just do buffet, grille, or room service the entire trip.  

2 hours ago, Noworkforme23 said:

We just booked a December 2024 Ascent cruise and the my time dining option was greyed out, it only allowed you to choose 6:00 or 8:30 pm.  Does not matter to us that we chose 6:00 because we are not interested in Main Dining rooms, we will just do buffet, grille, or room service the entire trip.  

For future reference, the E class ships actually do not take reservations for the main dining rooms. It looks like they do, the website seems to indicate that they do, but in fact, they don’t. An E class ships the dining rooms are all open seating. 

2 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

For future reference, the E class ships actually do not take reservations for the main dining rooms. It looks like they do, the website seems to indicate that they do, but in fact, they don’t. An E class ships the dining rooms are all open seating. 

Thank you , good to know.  This is our first time booking with celebrity. We have only cruised with NCL and Disney.  When I go online to review/modify my reservation for December 2024, it still shows three dining choices and the my time dining option is greyed out and not available, and only 6:00 and 8:30 are available.