Butchers Cut - sharing an entree

rhentze

19 hours ago, rhentze said:

Has anyone ever shared an entree ( porterhouse or ribeye) in Butchers Cut specialty restaurant?

It's an Ala Carte restaurant . I don't think they would stop you from sharing a steak. At land steakhouses we usually order two apps, share one steak and two sides. More than enough for us.

14 hours ago, NYcruzzer said:

It's an Ala Carte restaurant . I don't think they would stop you from sharing a steak. At land steakhouses we usually order two apps, share one steak and two sides. More than enough for us.

It's not Ala Carte if you have the package. It's a set price per person.  I don't know the policy but I kind of doubt they'll let two people share for one price.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nferr said:

It's not Ala Carte if you have the package. It's a set price per person.  I don't know the policy but I kind of doubt they'll let two people share for one price.

Poster never mentioned anything about a package. Butchers Cut is an Ala Carte restaurant that also offers package pricing. Looks like  poster is asking if they can order 1 porterhouse or ribeye (ala carte) and share . I guess the only way they will know for sure is when they are onboard and inquire directly with Butcher Cut staff.

17 minutes ago, NYcruzzer said:

Poster never mentioned anything about a package. Butchers Cut is an Ala Carte restaurant that also offers package pricing. Looks like  poster is asking if they can order 1 porterhouse or ribeye (ala carte) and share . I guess the only way they will know for sure is when they are onboard and inquire directly with Butcher Cut staff.

Correct.Was wondering both about the restaurant policy but also personal experience as to whether it was enough food.     

18 minutes ago, rhentze said:

Correct.Was wondering both about the restaurant policy but also personal experience as to whether it was enough food.     

For me and DW one Porterhouse, two apps, and two sides is plenty to eat. That's the way we usually order at Land based steakhouses as well. Not 100% sure of MSC's sharing policy. On NCL we have had no problem ordering this way when not using a "free at sea" dining voucher.

5 hours ago, NYcruzzer said:

For me and DW one Porterhouse, two apps, and two sides is plenty to eat. That's the way we usually order at Land based steakhouses as well. Not 100% sure of MSC's sharing policy. On NCL we have had no problem ordering this way when not using a "free at sea" dining voucher.

Why would they not let your share? It's not like your are ordering all you can eat. It would make absolutely no sense not to let you split an a la cart item.

5 minutes ago, mvh said:

Why would they not let your share? It's not like your are ordering all you can eat. It would make absolutely no sense not to let you split an a la cart item.

I agree. However since I cannot say for sure that MSC allows sharing I suggested OP check with staff onboard MSC. It's one of my pet peeves when posters answer questions with certainty when in realty they may be guessing the answer. Too much inaccurate info/advice given by some on these boards.

10 hours ago, NYcruzzer said:

I agree. However since I cannot say for sure that MSC allows sharing I suggested OP check with staff onboard MSC. It's one of my pet peeves when posters answer questions with certainty when in realty they may be guessing the answer. Too much inaccurate info/advice given by some on these boards.

Who answered the question? I just asked why wouldn't they allow it  said it would make no sense if they didn't allow it. I also hate when people answer questions they can't confirm.

1 hour ago, mvh said:

Who answered the question? I just asked why wouldn't they allow it  said it would make no sense if they didn't allow it. I also hate when people answer questions they can't confirm.

I wasn't referring to you. As a matter of fact I agreed with you. I merely responded to your post that poster won't likely know for sure if sharing is allowed until they are onboard.  My statement about some misinformation on these boards was in general.

On 1/1/2024 at 2:55 PM, NYcruzzer said:

You have to be kind of crazy, or just misinformed, to go ala carte. The prices are ridiculous ala carte IMO.