Manhattan cruise terminal parking reservation

blueblueblue

Hi all,

I have searched the boards but can't seem to find anything that answers my question-- has anyone used the new (to me) reservation system to prepay for parking at the Manhattan pier? I parked there in March for an NCL cruise and was planning to do so again next month.  According to the terminal's website you can now prepay and make a reservation.  I know there is a convenience fee to do this, but when I select my sailing to make the reservation, the total is only $325, as opposed to the expected $450 (10 days at $45/day.)  Since the service fee is $10, it looks like I'm just being charged for 7 days, but there's no explanation of any discount on the website.  I'm hoping this isn't a "too good to be true" situation, so I'm looking for anyone who has made a reservation to confirm if it is legit, especially if you paid less than what you would have if you just showed up and parked.

FYI, I'm also a little hesitant to book because it shows the vendor as Parkwhiz which has abysmal ratings on google.

Thank you!

Hi I was looking at that as well and it's seems to be a lot cheaper to pre book. Last year we went in July and I did notice that you could pre book but there was nothing available to pre book. I did email them to verify that this was the same parking facility at the port.  I actually sent them a screen shot of the reservation form and they said it was the same parking facility. Here is the contact information for the parking facility at the cruise port, Jason.Rubino@propark.com or call 646.299.4670. I'm in Canad so that's the reason I emailed instead of calling them. If you do contact them please let me know what they say to you.

Thanks

This thread discusses the reserve option, there are others that mention it if you use the search fuction: 

Also mentions that it is very rare to run out of parking.  In March it will be really unlikely as there aren't many cruises that time of year from NYC

12 hours ago, vacation65 said:

Hi I was looking at that as well and it's seems to be a lot cheaper to pre book. Last year we went in July and I did notice that you could pre book but there was nothing available to pre book. I did email them to verify that this was the same parking facility at the port.  I actually sent them a screen shot of the reservation form and they said it was the same parking facility. Here is the contact information for the parking facility at the cruise port, Jason.Rubino@propark.com or call 646.299.4670. I'm in Canad so that's the reason I emailed instead of calling them. If you do contact them please let me know what they say to you.

Thanks

Thanks for the info.  I emailed and got a very prompt response.  He confirmed that it is the lot right at the port, and that the online price is correct.  So that's a $125 savings and I'm definitely going to take advantage of it!

Thanks for letting me know. I wanted to make sure you got the same answer as me. He does reply back promptly which is a good thing. That is a good savings, not sure why it's so much cheaper when you reserve, but that is a good savings.

I booked the exact same deal for my cruise in April. I have never sailed out of Manhattan, so I appreciate the reassurance from other posters that I bought the correct parking at a good price!

4 minutes ago, spiokylu said:

I booked the exact same deal for my cruise in April. I have never sailed out of Manhattan, so I appreciate the reassurance from other posters that I bought the correct parking at a good price!

Not only at a good price, but it couldn't be easier.  You can practically spit from your cabin onto your car!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if they enforce the time of the parking reservation?   I just went and looked at the website and the time states 12:00 p.m.   We were looking to already be on the ship by then.

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Does anyone know if they enforce the time of the parking reservation?   I just went and looked at the website and the time states 12:00 p.m.   We were looking to already be on the ship by then.

What time is your ship setting sail? Also, are you sure you're looking at the time of entry on your reservation? My reservation lists time of entry as 8 AM and my ship doesn't set sail until 4 PM, so that seems really late even if you were setting sail later than me...