Has anyone used Cayman Safari Adventures or Jackie's Land Tours?

Firstin87

Hi,

We'll be in Grand Cayman this Feb. and have a tour booked with Cayman Safari Adventures for the Crystal Caves and tour of that part of the island.  I got an email saying that they are waiting for the public transport license to be renewed and will complete my booking when that happens.  Not wanting to be stuck at the last minute, I looked at a similar shore excursion through NCL, but it is almost twice as expensive.  Ouch!  Wondering if anyone has any experience with Cayman Safari Adventure and if they are, well... flaky or not.

Or, we might do a private tour.  We've used Jackie's Historical Land Tours for a private tour a few years ago, but cannot find their website online.  Does anyone know if they have gone out of business?  Sure hope her business survived the pandemic, but no website is surely not a good sign of a thriving tour business.

Thanks,

Cyndy

Jackie’s has December 2023 reviews on TripAdvisor, so she’s likely still doing tours.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147365-d1523910-Reviews-Jackies_Historical_Land_Tours-Grand_Cayman_Cayman_Islands.html

A lot of businesses in Cayman don’t really bother with the whole internet thing.  Some don’t even bother with street addresses.  We’ve gotten used to navigating by plaza names and other landmarks, including historical ones (ie, “turn left just past where the Mirco Centre used to be, and we’re in the third building on the right”)