Lines to get into Blu on the Apex?

dleahy4444

I will  be sailing in an Aqua class stateroom on the Apex  in March 2024. The reason I chose to go with the Aqua stateroom over the standard infinite veranda was specifically to dine at Blu. I’ve sailed on the Edge and the Beyond and have encountered long lines waiting to get into the MDR’s so I thought it would be better at Blu. Has anyone experienced much of a wait getting into Blu on the Apex around 7:30, 8? I’ve been reading mixed reviews about Blu on the E class ships. Did I make a mistake upgrading? The upgrade was about $70 a night for the both of us. Worth the money? 

Blu food is good - we like it. Food is always subjective but there isnt anything weird on the menu. Blu itself is smaller and great service. $70 for the upgrade is a good deal 

I dont see a problem at those times. 

• Thanks 1

The only time we have encountered long waits or lines at Blu is on repositioning cruises when a lot of people seem to want to eat between 5:30 and 7 pm. Otherwise, we’ve never had a problem. We were on Ascent last week and never waited for a table when we arrived between 6:15 and 7 pm. 

• Thanks 1

Each cruise seems to be different as to when many want to dine.  We have found that waiting until about 8:10-15 works pretty well for the MDRs, Blu and Luminae. 

• Thanks 1

Our only wait at Blu has been if we wanted a specific waiter. I think the longest wait times even then were 15 to 20 minutes. They will give you a pager and buzz you when your table is ready. We usually try to eat between 7:30 and 8:00. 

• Thanks 1