World Cruise Insurance

I will be taking a world cruise in 2025. My current annual policy which includes medical and evacuation, the two things most important to me, limits coverage to trips of 90 days or shorter. Are there policies that would cover medical and evacuation for a 124 day cruise?

• Host Hattie changed the title to World Cruise Insurance
Guest WayneM123

Hi. I am also doing a world cruise in 2025 and would like to know the name of the insurer for medical cover etc etc. 

Multi-trip annual plans will typically have a per-trip length that may not cover the full duration of longer trips. For longer trips it may make more sense to get a policy that covers that single trip.  There may be a couple of options.  First, if your trip is entirely outside of the U.S., you can look at a travel medical policy which primarily focuses on emergency medical and emergency evacuation coverage.  A few things to keep in mind with this type of plan, it only covers travel outside of your home country and coverage for the sudden recurrence of a pre-existing condition may be limited.  

If your trip has both domestic and international destinations you can look at a comprehensive travel insurance policy which can include other benefits like trip cancellation/interruption, travel delay, baggage loss/delay.  There plans may also include a pre-existing condition wavier if all eligibility requirements are met.  If you are not concerned about cancellation or interruption coverage, some providers may allow a plan to be purchased without insuring the cost of the trip, a large factor in the cost of the policy.