Scarlet Lady Meet & Greet Question/Suggestions!

444cruiser

I am trying to organize a Meet & Greet for our sailing.  Could any of you please suggest a time and location for us to meet on the Scarlet Lady?  I was thinking 6:30...is that too early or late?  .... suggestions for location??  Any other ideas to make it fun?  We have about 100 people in our online group.  Sailing in one week!
Thanks in advance. 

Teresa

Embarkation day there is a solo cruisers meet and greet on the pool deck before the sail away party and a 6:30 no reservation needed solo cruiser dinner hosted by Happenings Cast....so that's out.  Reality, there isn't a good time on day 1 as people are making reservations, getting settled, doing muster check in,  etc.

Other days....3pm or 4pm, Dock House (munchies available, bar available, lots of seats) Pick an early sea day.   First sea day is ideal.  NOTHING after 6pm as you're into dinners, shows, etc.  If you don't like the Dock House location, I could suggest others, but this is great.

• Like 1

100 people? Maybe Sailor Services on board can help find an empty venue for a group that size? They should want to help promote a group that came together on the sailing. I've been on other lines meet and greets where they provide cookies and refreshments to the group. I've never heard of Virgin doing something like that, perhaps might consider it? I agree 6:30 too close to dinner.

There was an organised party taking place the Athletic Club one night, it is definitely possible to get VV to organise and reserve space for celebration gatherings.

• Like 1

If you have an on line, social media group, you'll be lucky to get half of your members to attend.  People forget and have other things to do.  I've been on at least 2 sailings where people contacted VV in advance and were able to organize a special venue for a group activities.  In one case, VV requested that we film the event and it may show up as an "open" event on future cruises.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

If you have an on line, social media group, you'll be lucky to get half of your members to attend.

This is why when I run a group slot pull, I no longer have people sign-up beforehand.

Updating lists is time consuming, and all that really matters is who shows up.

• Like 2

When I sailed NCL I would organize Meet & Greets and it doesn't matter how many sign up ahead of time you can usually figure that 1/3 to 1/2 will actually show up. People get busy enjoying their cruise and relaxing and time slips by. It just happens.

• Like 2