Celebrity November Canary Island/Morocco from BCN itinerary

catbro

Hello, would appreciate input from any who have done a November sailing of  Canary Islands and Morocco ports of call from Barcelona. We enjoy Barcelona to start/end a cruise and are very interested in the itinerary/ports.

However, my big concern is whether it will be too chilly and windy onboard the ship when outside. I think it will be too cool to use the pools and can manage that, but I just don't want to be forced to be inside for the majority of the sailing time between ports.  I know that weather is unpredictable and that region of the globe has some unusally warm falls. We were pleasantly surprised by a trip to Barcelona and Marbella in late October where it was still very warm and enjoyable. But I don't know if it is the same for the Canaries/Morocco.

Would love to hear your experiences on this sailing and appreciate all input and advice. 

For reference, I really did not like our northbound Alaska cruise because of how cold and windy it was on the open decks. It was mid summer and was still too windy/cold for me, but it was a freaky week weather-wise. 

On 1/4/2024 at 4:06 PM, catbro said:

Hello, would appreciate input from any who have done a November sailing of  Canary Islands and Morocco ports of call from Barcelona. We enjoy Barcelona to start/end a cruise and are very interested in the itinerary/ports.

However, my big concern is whether it will be too chilly and windy onboard the ship when outside. I think it will be too cool to use the pools and can manage that, but I just don't want to be forced to be inside for the majority of the sailing time between ports.  I know that weather is unpredictable and that region of the globe has some unusally warm falls. We were pleasantly surprised by a trip to Barcelona and Marbella in late October where it was still very warm and enjoyable. But I don't know if it is the same for the Canaries/Morocco.

Would love to hear your experiences on this sailing and appreciate all input and advice. 

We just returned from the Dec. 21 Canaries/Morocco itinerary. The weather was delightful. I would never go on an Alaskan cruise because I think even in summer it would be too chilly for me, so we are similar in that regard.  We had crisp mornings in Barcelona, but plenty of sun.

We went on a catamaran on Christmas Day in Tenerife. We even went swimming in the chilly Atlantic for 30 minutes. It was freezing for the first minute, but felt very refreshing soon after. 

The captain even made a joke about all of the sun-bathers working on their tans. A few brave souls were in the pool. Others were bundled up in Celebrity-provided blankets around the pool. 

We spent the normal amount of time on our balcony. Around 4pm, it was so warm while docked in the Canaries, we had to move inside to cool off. 

Our coldest day was Dec. 30 in Seville. There had been a big temperature drop. It was definitely jacket/puffer weather for this Texan. 

By Jan. 1 in Valencia, I felt comfortable walking around in a long-sleeved shirt. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. I am happy to help! 

• Like 1

Highly recommend the BCN to Canary Island itinerary in November.  Just did it a few months ago (11/2023) and the weather was perfect.  Sunny with temps in the 70s.

The Canaries has some of the most perfect year-round weather on Earth.  Europeans love to vacation there....just too far for us USA folks.  

Also the weather in the ports in Southern Spain has cooled off from the extreme summer hear and are delightful.  

Sitting in the sun on sea days was lovely as long as you were protected from the wind.....like around the pool.  Open decks were a bit chilly for that.

Do not hesitate to go!

• Like 1

Just returned from a December sailing. Weather in the ports was perfect, although as someone else said, chilly in the morning. You could easily wear shorts in the Canary Islands and hit up the beach. The weather in Spain/Morocco was perfectly comfortable for walking and being outside. I was quite comfortable in a hooded sweatshirt (except for early mornings). I found the decks to be a bit cool/windy for my liking when the ship was moving, except around the Canaries. If the ship was in port, the decks were warm. Celebrity provided blankets for anyone that wanted to lounge on the decks and I think that would be sufficient. It's a nice itinerary and I wouldn't pass on it over the chance it could be a bit chilly on the pool deck. 

• Like 1