Events on App shown earlier than upon boarding?

tbmrt

I was surprised to read in a VV forum that events appeared on the app on 1/4/24 for the cruise leaving 1/7/24.  I thought they didn't appear until embarkation day.  

Hoping VV will do this with all upcoming cruises.  Would be nice for tentative planning.

11 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

I was surprised to read in a VV forum that events appeared on the app on 1/4/24 for the cruise leaving 1/7/24.  I thought they didn't appear until embarkation day.  

Hoping VV will do this with all upcoming cruises.  Would be nice for tentative planning.

It will tell you in the app what date the first update to the schedule will appear, it is usually 45 days out. That will only show the major shows like Duel Reality in general and in my experience changes several times. A week or two before sailing it usually adds in more activities but the live music and similar won’t show until the last few days before boarding and it all

may change onboard.

• Thanks 2

As Jon said, anything posted in advance of boarding is essentially a rough plan.  EVERYTHING posted in the app, even after boarding, is subject to change, although changes after boarding are changed for a reason--rough seas, ill crew member or whatever.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

As Jon said, anything posted in advance of boarding is essentially a rough plan.  EVERYTHING posted in the app, even after boarding, is subject to change, although changes after boarding are changed for a reason--rough seas, ill crew member or whatever.

On our Riviera Maya cruise in December, Scarlet Night was changed right before we sailed, from last sea day (night before Bimini) to the first day in port, Cozumel. It was to accommodate the Holiday Extravaganza show which was then put in that time slot. You never know what may affect the schedule.

• Like 1

Right, the app isn't 100% perfect until you see the itinerary on the app on the ship's WIFI. Everything can change up until then so plan, but don't expect it to stay the same.

• Like 1