Driver in Santiago (and guide)

Posted (edited)

Guide & Driver in Santiago

Hello all,

I always love to write about great experiences we have during our travelings.

I looked and looked on social media to find a good driver and guide in Santiago but could find only one and he was busy. However, he recommended Cristian Herrera.

We were a group of 5 (people who found each other on CruiseCritic) and decided to visit ‘Parque Las Arenas  + Termas Banos Colina’ on a 10-hour tour.

Cristian was super relaxed and patient as one of us was waiting at the wrong location.

During the whole day, he was energetic, informative (very good English), EXCELLENT driver and REALLY cared for us to obtain the best experience (conscientious). We ALL really loved our day with Cristian. We saw the Andes and soaked in thermal water.

We all now consider Cristian as our friend. Please, do not hesitate to hire this young man who has been in the tourism business for many years.

CRISTIAN HERRERA

Telephone and WhatsApp number: +56 9 9237 0631

Email: chrisalfaro1987@gmail.com

Transfer from airport, city tour, wine tour, excursion

IMG_5374.jpeg

Edited by cashmeremypuppydog
  • Like 3

Hi All,  Christian Herrera was our personal guide in Santiago Chile in January 2024.  He was prompt, professional and most importantly made us feel comfortable.  As noted in this thread, he has very good English and tailored our trip to our specific needs, while having many suggestions for us. Also, he provided pickup at the airport and dropoff at the ship port in San Antonio. Great service, highly recommend! 

Jeff and Kathleen from Colorado USA

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

For you out there searching for a driver and tour guide, this is your guy!  I searched so much (for our Jan 2024 cruise) to find a driver to take us all over around Santiago… 

I feel it is my duty to spread the word…

If Cristian is booked I can also recommend a fabulous guide in Santiago and the environs.  Mauricio did our airport pickup, tour of Santiago, day in the Andes, and transportation to Casa Marin.  I fell in love with Chile,  Cherie 

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the recommendation!  I am looking for a guide to take us from Santiago to San Antonio and possibly some day trips around Santiago and will put him on my list of possible tour guides.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2024 at 8:18 AM, Wayfairers said:

Thanks for the recommendation!  I am looking for a guide to take us from Santiago to San Antonio and possibly some day trips around Santiago and will put him on my list of possible tour guides.

Mauricio's contact info is psmauricioescobar@gmail.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2024 at 4:41 PM, cccole said:

Mauricio's contact info is psmauricioescobar@gmail.com

I am having no luck getting his e-mail to work.  Is there perhaps a spelling mistake somewhere?

1 hour ago, Marken said:

I am having no luck getting his e-mail to work.  Is there perhaps a spelling mistake somewhere?

I have emailed him to make sure something has not changed.  We last traded emails in June 2024.  Will post when I hear from him.  Cherie

2 hours ago, Marken said:

I just received a return email from him so psmauricioescobar@gmail.com worked from my computer.  I told him someone was having difficulty with the e-mail and asked the name.  He's so good about responding.  May I send him the name Marken?  He really is a fabulous guide.  Cherie

1 hour ago, Marken said:

my email is markenattelus.net  he is welcome to email me.  Thanks SO MUCH!!!

I sent Mauricio your email.  Please let me know when you hear from him.  He is usually very responsive but I do not want to keep recommending him on CC if you have problems.  You will love Chile.  Cherie

As I starting this conversation, I can say that:

I had contacted Mauricio and shortly before we arrived in Chile, he finally gave me the name of our driver:

CRISTIAN HERRERA

Telephone and WhatsApp number: +56 9 9237 0631

Email: chrisalfaro1987@gmail.com

Basically, Mauricio takes a cut and find other drivers.

This is why I took time to start a post for Cristian. He is a young man and deserve help.
Unfortunately, someone highjacked this post… All I am asking, is to use respect and common sense.  Start your own post please and post the photo of your driver as I did. It will be more beneficial for all cruisers. Thank you

Edited by cashmeremypuppydog

14 hours ago, cccole said:

I sent Mauricio your email.  Please let me know when you hear from him.  He is usually very responsive but I do not want to keep recommending him on CC if you have problems.  You will love Chile.  Cherie

He did get in touch with me and unfortunate for me but fortunate for him he is booked during our time.  Seems like a great guy!!  Thanks again for all your help!!

• Like 1