Getting a taxi vs Cruise Transfer

Canadian Cruiser98

For our day in Falmouth, we're looking to just keep it simple and go to a beach for the day. There's a ship transfer to Blue Water Beach for 32$ per person, and I'm tempted to just go with that, but I know ship transfers are often over-inflated prices, and you're usually stuck returning to the ship when everyone else goes back. Are taxis a good option in Falmouth, and are there any beaches people would recommend beyond Blue Water Beach?

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2024 at 11:16 AM, Canadian Cruiser98 said:

For our day in Falmouth, we're looking to just keep it simple and go to a beach for the day. There's a ship transfer to Blue Water Beach for 32$ per person, and I'm tempted to just go with that, but I know ship transfers are often over-inflated prices, and you're usually stuck returning to the ship when everyone else goes back. Are taxis a good option in Falmouth, and are there any beaches people would recommend beyond Blue Water Beach?

If that includes transportation plus entrance fee that is a reasonable price. 

• 2 months later...

Has anyone done the RC transfer lately?  We have it booked, but years ago when we did it to Red Stripe beach, even though it said it was 3 hours, the busses actually came and went all day so you could come back when you wanted to

Does Blue Water work the same way?  We want to stay at the beach all day, not just have a couple of hours.  Wondering if the bus goes back and forth all day so you can just catch it back when you feel like it.