NCL Air Deviation (Precruise) Question

I have used NCL air before with no problems coming in the day of our cruise and flying out the day after disembarking with no issues at all. Flight times were great, I had plenty of time to get to the ship and getting back home atter disembarking was just as easy.  The cost savings was great compared to booking air on my own. 

This time, I would like to come in a day early to be able to see the city.  Again, the savings are pretty substantial compared to booking the flight on my own. 

My only concern is that I might not be coming in early enough to see the city (time zone is the same). I might be coming in at 5pm or later at night, which will only allow for a dinner close by the hotel and no touring time at all. Plan B is that I could stay after the cruise, this way i know I'll be in town all day after disembarking. Downfall to staying post cruise would be that flying in the day of the cruise will most likely have me on an early flight and I might need to stay at my local airport hotel, depending on the flight time. I have no way of knowing what the times would be now, but again, the savings are substantial.  

Anyone ever used the one day deviation, precruise, and what times were you given?  Did they have you flying in early or later in the day/evening?  I know this is a general question, since your time might not be my time, but just trying to see if there is a pattern. 

i requested a 2 day pre & post cruise for a cruise early last year ( Dubai- Athens, R/T Los Angeles).  I was put on a red eye flight that got me into Dubai early morning 2 days before.cruise.  Look at what's available for airline travel on the travel websites, that way you will get an idea of the departure/arrival times.  I emailed NCL air department and kindly mentioned that I would hope the airline they chose would be the non-stop flight from LAX-Dubai ( it was).  If you are using a TA, ask them if they can kindly contact NCL Air and ask for a certain flight at a certain time.  No harm in asking, you just might be surprised.  Good luck on the airline timing, and enjoy your cruise.

For most of my international flights, I've flown overnight and arrived at my destination in the morning, often way too early to check into my hotel. But I also arrived at 5:30pm on my last trip.

I've also had same-day flights, arriving in the evening. That particular flight was domestic, west to east so included a 3-hr time difference. 

Your best bet is to look at what is available from your location to your destination.  Sometimes it's fairly obvious what you might get.  While it never hurts to ask, most feedback seems to be that they don't usually honor special requests - I wish they would! Or at least let you choose from a couple of options - on a recent trip, they gave me a short layover when there was another plane leaving 2 hours later. I ended up on the later plane anyway because I missed my connection.