Very Confused Between RCCL and NCL 4 Day Cruise.

Daruma

The dining will not be apples to apples.

i think the older rccl has only two specialty restaurants so unlimited dining has little choice.  Also in general ncl will have more choices in the buffet and on the mdr menus.  as well ncl has an included pub diner.  Ncl may be significantly better dining wise.

I am platinum on NCL and have taken 5, maybe 6, cruises on RCI. To me, both cruise lines are similar in general. Which ship you choose on each line can make a difference. One think that may be in NCLs favor, they have nightly solo traveler gatherings where you can meet up with others traveling alone and go for dinner, etc. With a short cruise, the FAS will not be as important to you, especially if you don't drink, but the $50 shore excursion credit can cover most of the cost of an excursion at each port if you choose wisely. I would still take the one with the most port stops.

When the FAS includes alcohol, and the refreshment package on RCCL does not, it's logical that you would see a difference in pricing in your comparisons. Though you may not get the value in the included alcohol, it's not fair to price-compare unlike products. Since the value isn't there for you with FAS, you can look into adding the soda package with NCL (only a small difference from the FAS gratuities though). Also, keep in mind that FAS does not include specialty coffee, only the basic brewed, and does not include bottled water either.