Windstar Christmas & Holiday Cruises

gsutiger2

Hello, 

For those who have sailed with Windstar during Christmas in the past, I would appreciate your sharing your experience. I would like to know the following details:

• Was the boat/ship crowded?
  • Were there any Christmas-related activities offered?
  • Highlights from the Christmas dinner?
  • What are the pros and cons of traveling with Windstar during Christmas?

Thank you

We boarded the ship last year on December 27, having spent Christmas on another cruise line. The passengers who continued on to a second cruise on Windstar talked about their Christmas experience positively, but I cannot remember any details.

I can say that the NYE experience was really wonderful. They gave us all funny hats and had a series of events and parties throughout the night, and we great enjoyed dancing with new friends. I would do NYE on a Windstar again anytime!

• Like 1

We have had 2 Christmasses on the Surf. The ship is respectful of all be it any or no religion. The ship is nicely decorated, not over the top, respectful again, there is an evening

of Carols, Christmas dinner lovely for dessert Bûche de Noel, delicious.  Festive yes, regular schedule yes, respectful of all again yes. 
The islands are decorated to the hilt, lights galore, for a person with no religion still fun. 
Happy Sailing

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gsutiger2 said:

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We haven't heard much about holiday sailings.

Same wonderful Windstar Cruise with a bit more festive feel. We love it all and always feel fortunate we can do this. Happy Sailing. 

• Like 1

We have never done a Christmas sailing but do new Years almost every year. The one difference is that there are sometimes more kids on board than is usual for a Windstar sailing. This past New Years there were 17 children on board. A lot of energy but not necessarily the quiet atmosphere that is usually Windstar. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gsutiger2 said:

Did it ever feel crowded to you?

Not at all, not that I can recall anyway … the ease of the cruise combines with the layout of the boat so that it’s rare that everyone is in the same place at the same time. 

• Like 1

We are on the Wind Star. The new furniture on deck, in the lounge and in the veranda after the dry dock is lovely but it takes up a bit more space so gives the impression of a more crowded ship. Also, when there are large family groups (we had four groups of 10-14 people) it can feel more crowded.

• Like 1