Embarkation

OBRN1

Never been on virgin cruises. I know on royal if you show up before your time given they let you on. I feel 4:30 is late to be on a cruise. When do they usually allow people on board? Can you come before your board time? 

If you show up before your time, you will line up in time slots--so you will be in the 4:30 slot.  If they get all the people with earlier times boarded, they will let you in early.  Boarding doesn't start till 1:30.

What I would do if I had a 4:30 time is to show up around 3pm.  You'll likely wait in line a bit, but not 90 minutes.  Do note that you will be standing in line...there won't be seats available.

Suggestion--get rid of the "what they do on Royal" mindset.  VV is intentionally different about everything.  You will be able to get into your room as soon as you board.  Your luggage usually arrives within 15-30 minutes of you boarding.  The late boarding on VV is due to the late disembarkation--you don't have to be off the ship until 10:30 am on the last day.  This means that you can have a nice breakfast or brunch without dragging your luggage to the restaurant, then return to your cabin and get your bags and exit the ship. Of course, if you wish, you can get off as soon as the ship has cleared Customs by taking all your own bags off.  While on board, you will be able to go on the app and choose your disembarkation time.

Everything is somewhat different than any other cruise line.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

They usually stick to the assigned boarding slots, but towards the end of the boarding window, as the crowds diminish, you can get on before your time slot.  It's a very efficient system.  Since they launched during COVID, the only process they've ever had is the time slot system, unlike other cruise lines that let everyone create a mob situation because they want on board at 11 a.m.

• Like 1