(Upgrade) beverage package. Pricing onboard?

MrSunshine

Hi there community,

We booked a Feb sailing back in July, but since our booking, the prices of the classic beverage package has never dipped below ~93USD (~110 USD for premium).

I know there has been a lot of discounts for people in the US and other regions, but as we are based in Norway, the same discounts haven't applied for us. 

We ended up buying a reasonably priced NA beverage package for about 30$ pp per day, but I wonder if anyone has been able to upgrade this to an alcoholic beverage package onboard for a reasonable price? When on board I find that the displayed prices are applicable for all guests regardless of their home region, so perhaps we can get a better price on the ship?

Edited by MrSunshine

• MrSunshine changed the title to (Upgrade) beverage package. Pricing onboard?
6 hours ago, MrSunshine said:

I wonder if anyone has been able to upgrade this to an alcoholic beverage package onboard for a reasonable price?

As far as I'm aware, the only beverage package that is "upgradable" would be classic beverage package which gets upgraded to a premium package.  There's no way to upgrade a non-alcoholic package to an alcoholic package.

I'd recommend foregoing any beverage package (based on the fact the price in your cruise planner is higher than the onboard price: $84.99 USD + 20% gratuity) and paying as you go for the first two days of the cruise and see what your bill comes out to for those days.  If you would have paid less by having a beverage package during that time, you can then sign up for the package on day 3.  Otherwise, you can continue paying as you go.

Don't quote me on this, but you MAY be able to purchase an alcoholic beverage package onboard for just 1 of you rather than everyone in the cabin when you purchase onboard.  I know my wife did this with the NA beverage package by doing it through one of the bartenders.  What I know is you can't cancel a beverage package mid-cruise if you find you didn't actually need it.

• 3 weeks later...

How do I do the standard to premium beverage upgrade and apply our 15% Elite + discount? I only see the pre-cruise 5% in the cruise planner.

47 minutes ago, sasset said:

How do I do the standard to premium beverage upgrade and apply our 15% Elite + discount? I only see the pre-cruise 5% in the cruise planner.

You will have to call the Captains Club to upgrade and get the Captains Club discount, fyi it does not stack it’s the discount in the cruise planner. 

28 minutes ago, cbfb said:

If you used a TA I would have them do it. My TA was able to get the 15% off the sale price for us this past week. 

I never bother my TA with upgrades, I always upgrade by calling the Captains Club they are happy to take care of it.  But for things like changing pricing or cabin changes then the TA has to handle that.

9 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I never bother my TA with upgrades, I always upgrade by calling the Captains Club they are happy to take care of it.  But for things like changing pricing or cabin changes then the TA has to handle that.

Except in this case they could get a discount I couldn’t.