Visa for Papua New Guinea

kej1

My agent got input from Seabourn documents and seems specific to the 30 day, April 14,2024 Cruise (see cruise number below). Still lots of disclaimer and everyone should check for themselves. This was the response:

The following information is provided as a courtesy and specific to a national of the USA for voyage P431A.

French Polynesia - No Visa Required.

Cook Islands - No, Visa Required.

Niue - No, Visa Required.

Samoa - No, Visa Required

Tonga - No, Visa Required

Fiji - No, Visa Required

Vanuatu - No, Visa Required

Solomon Islands - No, Visa Required

Papua New Guinea - Yes, Visa Required. - Issued on Arrival - Logistics handled on board, guests will be informed of full process once on board.

Guam - No, Visa Required.

Each country has its own entry requirements, and guests are personally responsible to have the necessary documents when boarding. Seabourn highly recommends that all guests carry a passport that is valid for at least six months beyond the completion date of your travel, proof of required immunizations & visa(s) and proof of eligibility to enter all countries on the itinerary.

Some countries require a visa to enter, and it is your sole responsibility to obtain and carry the proper travel documents and pay all associated costs related to these documents. Failure to present required travel documents and visas at cruise check-in may result in denial of boarding with no refund.

Edited by Jimfll

This list is very funny.

“No Visa Required” and “No, Visa Required” mean very different things.

Maybe Seabourn or your agent needs to get back to basics regarding the clarity thing.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Thank you all for all the infos and help.

I am still thinking about it. From Europe it is really a never ending flight to get to GUAM and unfortunately no insurance would cover Papua New Guinea in my home country as well.

Uhm I'll giver it a few more days for a final decision.

Seabourn pre cruise support is useless for us Europeans. Their European office never gets back to me in less than a month 🙂 Not sure what's wrong with this company but for an ultra-luxury company some of their services can be really abysmal.  Silversea is way better in that.

Another funny thing: when I try to book from my European IP most pacific cruises in spring/summer are not available for on line booking and their webpage tells me I need to call their call center. When I use a VPN from the US everything works fine and I can book on line (But in dollars so I would get charge a foreing currency fee using my American Express :-)

Weird stuff.