Our Vibe passes were canceled 24hrs prior to sailing

jojo99

45 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Did you call or try to book online?   We were able to secure passes for two 2025 cruises by calling.

Was trying to book online.  Thanks for tip.

10 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

I'm onboard Encore now.  I was at guest services earlier and saw them  talking to an unhappy guy.  GS  was showing him a lengthy list of those who were cancelled.  I think they were offering him $50 OBC which doesn't seem like enough to me🤨. I feel sorry sorry for those who planned on Vibe.

What a slap in the face.  Wonder who they kicked people out of the vibe for?

I'd say contact corporate, but they would probably just thank you for sailing with them, tell you that they know you have a lot of vacation choices, share in your disappointment, remind you that they are working tirelessly to deliver exceptional vacations, apologize, tell you there is nothing more they can do for you, and trot out the we can't wait to welcome you back on board a future sailing, mantra.

Basically, a paragraph of word salad.

If they are offering $50 onboard, I'd take it and run fast.

• Like 1

I had all my dining res get blown away and had to fix it at the desk. They gave me most of my stuff back and I paid for it. I told the rep that I was not too upset this happened but I explained that I got on the ship real early to try to get Vibe tickets for me and DW and now they are prob all gone. The lady was so nice she chased me down and handed me two passes with bracelet and I was only charged for one pass not 2. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, detroitlions said:

I had all my dining res get blown away and had to fix it at the desk. They gave me most of my stuff back and I paid for it. I told the rep that I was not too upset this happened but I explained that I got on the ship real early to try to get Vibe tickets for me and DW and now they are prob all gone. The lady was so nice she chased me down and handed me two passes with bracelet and I was only charged for one pass not 2. 

Are you on the Encore now?

19 hours ago, jojo99 said:

So we are sailing on the Encore tomorrow and we pre booked and fully paid our Vibe passes for the 10 day sail. We just received an email from NCL advising us that due to a “glitch” in their system they cannot accommodate our booking and the passes will be cancelled and refunded. We planned our trip based on having the passes - forgoing some excursions to enjoy the Vibe etc so we are very disappointed. Has this happened to anyone? Do we have any recourse? 

O fork

man we are like you and base sailing on vibe pass, I would be so pissed.  Hope it get resolved

2 hours ago, davencl said:

That's interesting as my cruise last year and upcoming cruise in April is not allowing pre-booking.

Vibe is available thru 12/31/25, if you can’t book it’s full.

5 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

GS  was showing him a lengthy list of those who were cancelled.

and that indeed sounds like a buy out or a large group. 

reminds me of that other thread about the prima closing the observation lounge for the duration of a voyage.

i would not accept $50 OBC and i would contact the general manager, again explaining how the entire trip was booked around having vibe access, and contact corporate (katty byrd's office) in miami simultaneously. tomorrow is a holiday, but they should respond on tuesday.

• Like 1

There is still a lot unanswered in regards to the what and the why.  And the $50 offer for being displaced from the vibe.  That is not acceptable. 

OP said they were going to fill us in and so far we have not heard back from them.

45 minutes ago, UKstages said:

i think we all know what happened... we're waiting to hear why it happened.

You don’t know anything about what happened or why

25 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

There is still a lot unanswered in regards to the what and the why. 

all the unanswered questions have to do with why - and perhaps how - it happened.

we know what happened... a number of people, including the OP, had their vibe passes revoked. some seem to have been offered $50 compensation by the folks at guest services. that's what happened!

i have no further questions at all about what happened. all my interest lies in uncovering why or how it happened.

9 minutes ago, UKstages said:

all the unanswered questions have to do with why - and perhaps how - it happened.

we know what happened... a number of people, including the OP, had their vibe passes revoked. some seem to have been offered $50 compensation by the folks at guest services. that's what happened!

i have no further questions at all about what happened. all my interest lies in uncovering why or how it happened.

Who, what, where, when, why or how.  I would still like to hear back from OP or perhaps another person on this cruise who is directly impacted by NCL's decision to revoke vibe passes from quite a few people that had already paid in full.  

42 minutes ago, zqvol said:

You don’t know anything about what happened or why

Do you not understand the difference between what and why? Or are you just confrontational for fun...

Wow.  We are of the mindset that Vibe is a requirement on an NCL ship - if I can't get Vibe passes, we aren't going to book.  I would be absolutely livid if this happened to us.  I think my heart rate is up just thinking about it.

I'd bet we will eventually learn that a group has taken over Vibe.  That didn't happen just days before sailing, that happened weeks if not months ago.  That would make me even angrier, NCL waiting until the last minute to notify people so that it's too late to cancel their booking entirely.

• Like 5

I did some research this morning since it is not clear what actually happened to cause NCL to cancel and refund monies for vibe passes for several people on the 1-14-24 sailing of Encore.  I went to a website that rhymes with basefook and could only find 2 small threads addressing what happened.  One thread showing a brief video of a couple just getting into vibe at 11:30 and enjoying their first drink. 

And another thread about 4 hours later another thread was started similar to what the OP posted here on Saturday, the day before the cruise.  All that was said was that due to a technical glitch the vibe was oversold.  There was no mention in either what exactly happened and how many people it affected.  No indication on whether or nor a large block of people were replaced by a another group that was given special treatment by NCL.

So we really do not know what happened.  We may never know.  Hoping OP or someone else who is on this cruise that knows what happened will come on here and enlighten us.  For now it appears that just a few people were displaced from vibe by this due to technical glitch causing vibe to be oversold.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, seemoreroyals said:

For now it appears that just a few people were displaced from vibe by this due to technical glitch causing vibe to be oversold.  

If that is actually the case, I wonder what the perimeter was for choosing whose passes to cancel?  

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

Wow.  We are of the mindset that Vibe is a requirement on an NCL ship - if I can't get Vibe passes, we aren't going to book.  I would be absolutely livid if this happened to us.  I think my heart rate is up just thinking about it.

Right with you.......................

11 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

If that is actually the case, I wonder what the perimeter was for choosing whose passes to cancel?  

One of the FB posts said that three different people in their group had their vibe passes cancelled.  She said they were disappointed because they wanted to all be in the vibe together.  Leads me to believe that some of her group still made it in.  She never elaborated other than there was a glitch that allowed NCL to sell too many vibe passes on this particular cruise.

That is why I was wondering how long ago OP purchased their vibe passes.   The only fair way to deal with this problem, if there is a fair way, would be to go back and fill vibe to limit in order of signing up for vibe.  The rest of the people that did not make it should be properly compensated as I am sure there are a number of them that probably would not have booked this cruise if they were not able to book the vibe along with it.  In any event IMO they should have been compensated a lot more than the $50 NCL is apparently is offering.

11 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

One of the FB posts said that three different people in their group had their vibe passes cancelled.  She said they were disappointed because they wanted to all be in the vibe together.  Leads me to believe that some of her group still made it in.  She never elaborated other than there was a glitch that allowed NCL to sell too many vibe passes on this particular cruise.

That is why I was wondering how long ago OP purchased their vibe passes.   The only fair way to deal with this problem, if there is a fair way, would be to go back and fill vibe to limit in order of signing up for vibe.  The rest of the people that did not make it should be properly compensated as I am sure there are a number of them that probably would not have booked this cruise if they were not able to book the vibe along with it.  In any event IMO they should have been compensated a lot more than the $50 NCL is apparently is offering.

Interested to know also when OP reserved their passes.    I hope the OP comes back with more details.    

I truly feel for the OP and everyone else affected, especially those that would not have gone on that cruise without a secured Vibe pass.   

• Like 1