Wonder from Port Canaveral

Posted (edited)
On 1/14/2024 at 10:44 AM, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

We have never sailed out of Port Canaveral.

Would Orlando be the closest major airport I would want to fly into?

yes, MCO is the airport

we are staying at Embassy Suites Orlando airport and booked Cortrans shuttle , return trip for  $108.00 that`s with the over 55yrs discount

Edited by cgr377

8 hours ago, island lady said:

I kind of like here in Titusville myself...thanks!  🙂 

If I were to move back to Florida, Titusville would probably be my first choice.  I grew up in South Florida and there are very few places left that have that "old Florida" charm.  We always eat a meal at Dixie Crossroads. It brings back so many memories of the way things were when I was growing up.  I absolutely LOVE the Wildlife Refuge and all things space.  We have started staying an extra hotel night before our Port Canaveral cruises and spend most of our free day in the Titusville area.  

RCCLNYMETS41 - We got off Wonder last month and our itinerary was similar to yours.

We had a flight scheduled day before cruise to land at MCO at 1:15 but was actually early.

Took a shared shuttle with Cruise Control Transportation at 2:00 (booked online one way $25/p but found promo code on you tube ended up being $24/p)

Stayed in Port Canaveral @ Towneplace Suites (new hotel with free breakfast - booked "don't miss the boat rate" that saves 15% by showing boarding pass)

At check-in booked shuttle to cruise port for $10/p.  Times were 10:30, 11:30, etc.  We booked 10:30 but shuttle was ready at 10:15.

Hotel is within walking distance of Mcdonald's, Zarrella's Italian, Subway, Preacher Bar & Kelsey's Pizza (which we ate at)

Everything was super simple and would do it again.

We stayed at La Quinta in Cocoa beach before our Feb sailing on wonder and it was fantastic.  We arrived mid-day and just grabbed and Uber to the hotel.  Not cheap, but it worked for us.  We REALLY enjoyed our stay in Cocoa Beach and the trip to the port (again via Uber) was about 15 minutes in total.  It was so stress free.