Getting to and from Mendenhall?

torybruno

What is the best way to get to and from Mendenhall from the Nieuw Amsterdam dock?  I feel the cruise line does not allow us enough time there.  What are our options?

Ideally, we would like to do Mendenhall, get back to the port and go up the tram, maybe have a bite to eat and drink at the top, short hike and back to the boat.  

2 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

Book a taxi ahead of time. You book your drop off and pick up time and it’s less than booking through the cruise line if there are two of you and much more comfortable.

I was wondering how to do this without having to take the tour.  Thank you for your suggestion.  Might be a dumb question but how do you book your taxi ahead of time?  Thanks.

26 minutes ago, tj_shopper said:

I was wondering how to do this without having to take the tour.  Thank you for your suggestion.  Might be a dumb question but how do you book your taxi ahead of time?  Thanks.

Just google “Mendenhall taxi tour” you’ll have a few companies pop up. Also last year there was an issue with tour companies maxing out the amount of entries allowed by the park, thankfully the taxies don’t have that issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, tj_shopper said:

Use goggle to find the JuneauConvention and Visitor's Bureau.  In the past it has had a list of local taxi companies

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, torybruno said:

Thank you!  I should have mentioned there may be up to nine of us, but we can combine taxicabs.  

Same with us.  We are a group of 34 who are traveling together on Radiance of the Seas in May 2024.  There are 11 of us who doesn't want to take the local bus.  We want to also do the tram, thus not wanting to waste the extra 2-3 hours round trip on the bus.