Questions regarding embarkation in Sydney for a cruise that starts in Auckland

Pansy2801

We are going to embark in Sydney on a cruise that starts few days prior from Auckland. 

The embarkation is supposed to starts at noon, but I was wondering if we should plan for an earlier start for our cruise since probably there are not (many) people who will debark in Sydney. Also, is it going to be an embarkation lunch or the dinning room will be closed since for many passengers it is a port day. 

Thank you !

I'm assuming this is a case where Princess is offering this to other people.  If so, if you arrive early you would be able to drop your luggage off early,  There should be Princess staff in the area that can provide you with current timing info.  If embarkation is set at noon, then check-in would at least be a bit before that.  

I don't remember the process, but the passengers on the ship need to clear Australian immigration so depending on how that is done, that could be part of the delay.  

Worse case is drop off luggage and go for a walk.

As a port day for most passengers it would be very doubtful the dinning room would be open for lunch

1 hour ago, Waynetor said:

I'm assuming this is a case where Princess is offering this to other people.  If so, if you arrive early you would be able to drop your luggage off early,  There should be Princess staff in the area that can provide you with current timing info.  If embarkation is set at noon, then check-in would at least be a bit before that.  

I don't remember the process, but the passengers on the ship need to clear Australian immigration so depending on how that is done, that could be part of the delay.  

Worse case is drop off luggage and go for a walk.

As a port day for most passengers it would be very doubtful the dinning room would be open for lunch

Thanks for answering my questions. I did not think that passengers need to clear Australian emigration. Now I understand why is the delay.
The cruise was offered as Sydney to Auckland. It was also one  Auckland to Auckland that will start few days earlier and we booked first, but then decided that is better even that the cruise is shorter since we have more time to visit both Sydney and Auckland . 

15 hours ago, Pansy2801 said:

Thanks for answering my questions. I did not think that passengers need to clear Australian emigration. Now I understand why is the delay.
The cruise was offered as Sydney to Auckland. It was also one  Auckland to Auckland that will start few days earlier and we booked first, but then decided that is better even that the cruise is shorter since we have more time to visit both Sydney and Auckland . 

There will likely be lots of people getting off in Sydney, a lot of cruisers from the previous cruise before Auckland.

• Like 1