Credit card charge location/currency

Is there a central location where I can find the location that will be charged by each cruise line (like a website)? Or the only way is to call the cruise line before booking? The reason is I'm in Spain, the bank charge commission for purchase made out of EU, and if the curreny is not EUR, there's another fee plus conversion, so the bank charge could be significant if not careful.

1 hour ago, michaelbr said:

Is there a central location where I can find the location that will be charged by each cruise line (like a website)? Or the only way is to call the cruise line before booking? The reason is I'm in Spain, the bank charge commission for purchase made out of EU, and if the curreny is not EUR, there's another fee plus conversion, so the bank charge could be significant if not careful.

Any of the cruise lines we have used will be happy to bill you in your own currency, but they charge a significant fee for the service.

You would need to compare the fees from the cruise line to those charged by your bank.

• Like 1

The usual request from fellow Europeans is how to book in USD with US based travel agent as headline prices tend to be cheaper than headline prices in Europe.  However, not only do you have exchange rate fluctuations and other exchange costs to deal with, you also tend to have less consumer protection by booking outside your own country/EU.

Most cruise line websites accessed by European customers (without using a VPN) will be priced in Euros or possibly some in UK £.  I know that sites that I access regularily (RCI, HAL, Celebrity, MSC, either quote and book in € (or have a dot eu website which quotes €).  P&O and Fred Olson quote only in UK£.

Are you looking at any specific cruises?