Captain's Club Point Discrepancy

blueskadoo

Hello everyone- we recently had to have a points correction completed for Captain's club. When I look at the website, each of the cruises has the appropriate amount, but when you look at the top it has the old total pre-correction. Is this going to cause an issue? Should I call? Anybody else have this issue? After the next cruise, I'll be elite+ but the corrections added over 100 points. I don't want to waste my energy if this is a known bug that doesn't matter.

Thank you!

There is some sort of disconnect on the website between total points/status level and past cruise history points, and timing of the cruise matters.

I had a disconnect but opposite of yours:

Two weeks ago I reached out to the Captains Club as a Sky Suite on Beyond got me 86 points, but a 14 night cruise on Constellation in the Royal Suite showed 2 points.  I had similar issues for Summit 10 day cruise with 1 point and another cruise for a week with 1 point, but my total looked reasonable.

I got a response in writing detailing actual points, versus what is showing, so I have evidence if I have issues in the future.  They gave me some piece of mind as well.

I recommend emailing the Captain's Club so you can get clarity and evidence.    

My profile on Celebrity's website shows that I have 3 past sailings (all longer sailings between 11 and 14 days each), but I still showing as being "preview" level. I emailed Captain's Club a few months ago, and they confirmed my correct number of points, but my profile still shows preview. Their emails to me show the right number, but it's extremely frustrating that my profile continues to have inaccurate information. Their whole website is hot garbage, in my (maybe not that) respectful opinion. Yesterday I was trying to price a cruise, and it prompted me to move to the Canadian site (as I'm in Canada), which I did, but as soon as I would put the search terms in, it would transfer me back to the US site, and prompt me to go to the Canadian site again. Over and over. I also can't find the price for WiFi and drink packages without having a cruise already booked, which makes it difficult to figure out whether "All in" is a better deal than "Cruise only". Sorry - your post triggered me a little after last night's frustration. 😂

On 1/15/2024 at 2:32 PM, blueskadoo said:

Hello everyone- we recently had to have a points correction completed for Captain's club. When I look at the website, each of the cruises has the appropriate amount, but when you look at the top it has the old total pre-correction. Is this going to cause an issue? Should I call? Anybody else have this issue? After the next cruise, I'll be elite+ but the corrections added over 100 points. I don't want to waste my energy if this is a known bug that doesn't matter.

Thank you!

You aren't the only one who has this frustrating issue.  DH's points for a 2019 cruise were never added to his total (70 points), not were any of his PUPs (about 100 points).  He doesn't really care at all, but I do.   In 2022, while on a cruise, we went to the Captain's Club desk to try and have it fixed, DH did get the Elite benefits on that cruise, but that was because of my status, his status was showing as select.   We have been on the same number of cruises, but he is a few points behind me due to participating in fewer of the PUP opportunities.   

I thought everything was fixed, and didn't think twice until a few months ago when I had him log into his account to work with me on selecting some shore excursions for an upcoming cruise.  Lo and behold, although his account shows his cruise history and his PUP history, his point total is stuck in early 2019.   It is almost as if a spreadsheet stopped totaling.  I did call and spoke to someone at CC and I believe he now has my total.  

With the issue that everyone seems to be having with the latest 5 point opportunity showing in history, but not added to each account, I'm afraid that this issue is widespread.

So, I don't know if this is a known bug, a new bug, or a feature.

14 hours ago, rotoal said:

You aren't the only one who has this frustrating issue.  DH's points for a 2019 cruise were never added to his total (70 points), not were any of his PUPs (about 100 points).  He doesn't really care at all, but I do.   In 2022, while on a cruise, we went to the Captain's Club desk to try and have it fixed, DH did get the Elite benefits on that cruise, but that was because of my status, his status was showing as select.   We have been on the same number of cruises, but he is a few points behind me due to participating in fewer of the PUP opportunities.   

I thought everything was fixed, and didn't think twice until a few months ago when I had him log into his account to work with me on selecting some shore excursions for an upcoming cruise.  Lo and behold, although his account shows his cruise history and his PUP history, his point total is stuck in early 2019.   It is almost as if a spreadsheet stopped totaling.  I did call and spoke to someone at CC and I believe he now has my total.  

With the issue that everyone seems to be having with the latest 5 point opportunity showing in history, but not added to each account, I'm afraid that this issue is widespread.

So, I don't know if this is a known bug, a new bug, or a feature.

I agree that this issue is probably widespread.  Your tale regarding your DH could practically be a tale about my DW.