From Kiel port to Hamburg Airport

sch327

We are going to MSC cruise with disembarkation in Kiel. What is the earliest time of flight from Hamburg airport can we choose? The disembarkation time is 7:00 am.

MSC's European website likely offers the port to airport shuttle. The USA website does not. They may also offer a cheaper shuttle from the port to Kiel Hbf train station where you can take a train to Hamburg Hbf and then the S-Bahn (S1 Line) to Hamburg Airport. If you can get a direct bus, you could probably select a flight after 11AM. If you have to go the long way as described above, after 1PM.

• Like 1

I wouldn´t book a flight before 12 pm.

If MSC is not offering a direct shuttle bus you can take the shuttle to the train station. There you can take the Kielius Bus which gets you directly to the airport.

I´ve done both - S-Bahn plus train and the Kielius Bus.

steamboats

• Like 1

There is alway a MSC Transportation to Hamburg Airport.
You can book it on board.
There are a lot of people the book a fly and cruise and there is the transportation from the Airport to the Ship and back included. But you can book a Transportation to the Airport on board the Ship.
I takes 1.5 h to the Airport. The last two times we were at 11:30 at the Airport.
But Hamburg is a chaotic Airport, and you have to wait a long time for security and there is no express oder business Line at security. You can prebook a time slot for the security on the Airport-Website.
The check in is usually fast, but then at security.

Once I took the Train from Kiel Hauptbahnhof to Hamburg Hauptbahnhof and then de S-Bahn to the Airport (20 min) but with the MSC Bus its more comfortable.

• Like 1