ASCENT MDR dining times

CoachTimmyD

Okay folks...I've heard from numerous sources (recent Ascent cruisers, current Ascent cruisers, cruise travel agent, and recently, Celebrity customer service)... all with differing views on the early/late or anytime dining options on ASCENT.  Some claim that there is no early or late, every one is "anytime dining", period!...though I was assured by Celebrity, travel agent, and a recent passenger, that there is in fact, early dining, and that I do have the 6pm (early seating).  

For those of you who say, every one is now anytime dining, let me ask you a question:  How did you find out?  Did they make an announcement/notify all passengers with early/lat time?

Did any of you make your reservation, with an early/late time, only to be told when you showed up, that there was no reservation?

Are you able to use the Celebrity App to reserve times in any of the 4 MDRs?  I can't; it says my time is all ready reserved! 

I do plan ask the maitre'd on embarkation, but trying to get some clarification of "what I'm seeing online" and why there seem to be so many variations on how its actually working onboard.  Thanks in advance... 

42 minutes ago, CoachTimmyD said:

Okay folks...I've heard from numerous sources (recent Ascent cruisers, current Ascent cruisers, cruise travel agent, and recently, Celebrity customer service)... all with differing views on the early/late or anytime dining options on ASCENT.  Some claim that there is no early or late, every one is "anytime dining", period!...though I was assured by Celebrity, travel agent, and a recent passenger, that there is in fact, early dining, and that I do have the 6pm (early seating).  

For those of you who say, every one is now anytime dining, let me ask you a question:  How did you find out?  Did they make an announcement/notify all passengers with early/lat time?

Did any of you make your reservation, with an early/late time, only to be told when you showed up, that there was no reservation?

Are you able to use the Celebrity App to reserve times in any of the 4 MDRs?  I can't; it says my time is all ready reserved! 

I do plan ask the maitre'd on embarkation, but trying to get some clarification of "what I'm seeing online" and why there seem to be so many variations on how its actually working onboard.  Thanks in advance... 

we were just on Beyond with anytime dining. We made reservations for all of the 4 restaurants but had been told by others on message boards that they will not be honored. That was not true on Beyond. We were told by the hostess that you can either show up at anytime without a reservation or, if you have a reservation a table will be held for you. 

honestly the only night the dining rooms were busy and chaotic was the first night. After that there were plenty of tables when we went at 7:00-7:30. 

my understanding is that there is no set dining time which makes sense since there are 4 MDR which you want to experience. 

There are some who want the set dining benefits of same dining room, same wait staff every night.  If they chose anytime dining they can make reservations for same time, same restaurant for each night.  

We were on the Beyond when there was set dining and any time and it wasn’t working.  Waits of a hour or more every night, those with set time wanting to try all 4 dining rooms and staff trying to accommodate those requests.  Mid cruise they stopped set dining and things smoothed out.

We haven’t been on the Ascent yet, but cruised with friends in a November on the Edge and they had dinner every night at 7 and never had a wait of more than 5 minutes.  So if you want the benefits of set dining just pick one of the 4 MDRs, go at the same time every night and after the first night, if you are happy with your wait staff, asked to be seated in their section every night.