Carnival Freedom - I Think We Have Enough Interest For September 22, 2007 Too!!

LEtue

I thought I would re-post the itinerary and add some tidbits :p

9/22 Civitavecchia, Italy depart 7:00 PM

9/23 Naples, Italy arrive 7:00 AM depart 6:00 PM (B-Day, Mrs. Dingo) :D

9/24 Fun Day at Sea

9/25 Rhodes, Greece arrive 11:00 AM depart 6:00 PM

9/26 Izmir, Turkey arrive 9:00 AM depart 4:00 PM

9/27 Istanbul, Turkey arrive 8:00 AM depart 7:00 PM

9/28 Fun Day at Sea

9/29 Athens, Greece arrive 6:00 AM depart 5:00 PM (B-Day LEtue) :D

9/30 Katakolon, Greece arrive 8:00 AM depart 3:00 PM

10/1 Fun Day at Sea

10/2 Livorno, Italy arrive 7:00 AM depart 7:00 PM

10/3 Civitavecchia, Italy arrive 6:00 AM

10/4 Civitavecchia, Italy arrive 8:00 AM

Feel free to add more everyone! I'm signing off for the night ;)

Linda

Not sure if we could swing it but if we could our 25th anniversary is on the 25th of Sept. I mentioned it to DH and he's "thinking about it". :rolleyes:

I'm taking my DD on the Liberty this May.

Hey I just Noticed Elf and Salty are very close to us. We will most likely fly out of charlotte so we need to all keep an Eye out for Airfare. And perhaps if we all do this cruise we could do a pre cruise meet and greet :)

Hey I just Noticed Elf and Salty are very close to us. We will most likely fly out of charlotte so we need to all keep an Eye out for Airfare. And perhaps if we all do this cruise we could do a pre cruise meet and greet :)

Flying out of Charlotte would be ideal. However, Atlanta is pretty close and they do have a Delta / Alitalia nonstop with good times and the best price I have seen. Who knows what will be available later; we would not be able to even book a flight until about November of this year.

If we have at least 8 people traveling together, the airlines may offer a group rate. I wonder if the agent who handles the cruise booking will also assist us if we need to do a group airfare?

Flying out of Charlotte would be ideal. However, Atlanta is pretty close and they do have a Delta / Alitalia nonstop with good times and the best price I have seen. Who knows what will be available later; we would not be able to even book a flight until about November of this year.

If we have at least 8 people traveling together, the airlines may offer a group rate. I wonder if the agent who handles the cruise booking will also assist us if we need to do a group airfare?

and don't forget hotel in Rome precruise at the very least!

I check Expedia the other night for September 2006 for a round'about idea

Roundtrip was running about $900 a person.

Hello everyone!

I sent an email to Laura to ask her when I can post the details. We are a go for launch as soon as she responds :D

The airfare to Rome can be a little less from ATL if anyone is willing to travel. My son lives there so we will probably fly from there again. British Air with one stop in London was $760? or something close to that. And it was on a 777 - a very nice aircraft. If there are enough of you maybe you could rent a minivan?

I will definitely ask the TA about group air. And we definitely need a group rate at a hotel in Rome. Anyone have any ideas there? I have only overnighted in Barcelona.

Speaking of the overnight at the end of trip. Do you think Carnival will be treating this the same as some lines do for St. Petersburg, Russia? Maybe an overnight excursion - then back to the ship for disembarkation?

We can definitely get a van together for transfers no matter what :D

So many ideas and plans to be made over the next year!

Stay tuned, I'll be back later!

Linda

Hello everyone!

I sent an email to Laura to ask her when I can post the details. We are a go for launch as soon as she responds :D

The airfare to Rome can be a little less from ATL if anyone is willing to travel. My son lives there so we will probably fly from there again. British Air with one stop in London was $760? or something close to that. And it was on a 777 - a very nice aircraft. If there are enough of you maybe you could rent a minivan?

I will definitely ask the TA about group air. And we definitely need a group rate at a hotel in Rome. Anyone have any ideas there? I have only overnighted in Barcelona.

Speaking of the overnight at the end of trip. Do you think Carnival will be treating this the same as some lines do for St. Petersburg, Russia? Maybe an overnight excursion - then back to the ship for disembarkation?

We can definitely get a van together for transfers no matter what :D

So many ideas and plans to be made over the next year!

Stay tuned, I'll be back later!

Linda

Linda Salty and Elf,

I am all for the group thingy :D on air and pre cruise Hotel and transfers so count us in for sure.

We'll have to do Delta but will go through Atlanta. Need to use FF miles and can't book those sooner than 330 days out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we'll have enough miles to do Bus. Class. Would be interested in hotel info. We LOVED the hotel we stayed at in Rome last year called Albergo del Senato but it was pricey due to location. Also, Deb and I can highly recommend a company for transfers (airport to hotel / hotel to port / port to airport or whereever). We all used them separately and they were great!

All those helpful hints like hotel and transfer tips will come in very handy. I read in a post that Carnival charges $65 pp each way for airport / port transfers. That's $260 a couple round trip, just to get to the ship! There has to be a lot more reasonable way to get there. Good thing we have 18 months to figure it all out.

We talked it over and want to do this cruise. Will call tomorrow and most likely book it.

Be glad to share all those tips from a few months ago. We have plenty of them for Rome and the other ports that are repeats for us. We did a ton of investigating and checking things out.

But first, I HAVE to get on this cruise this weekend and second, I have to get myself booked on this one!

I think I have an addiction! :rolleyes:

Linda - add my BDay and DebNJoe's anniversary - both on 10/4 - to your calendar of events! And yes, I will be 29.

I'm glad to see we have lots of info to share. I have been to Rome, Florence and Naples and booked independent drivers before so I pull my stuff out too.

I don't think we will have any problem getting enough of us to participate and the drivers offer so much more flexibility :D

Linda

DW and I like to do lots of research ahead of time, and pick tours that sometimes are not even offered by the cruise lines.

I was looking at Istanbul today - should be easy to find tours there. Really looking forward to this - I have traveled to a lot of places including Europe and Middle East, but have not been to any of these places before. The first visit is always so exciting and memorable!

DW and I like to do lots of research ahead of time, and pick tours that sometimes are not even offered by the cruise lines.

I was looking at Istanbul today - should be easy to find tours there. Really looking forward to this - I have traveled to a lot of places including Europe and Middle East, but have not been to any of these places before. The first visit is always so exciting and memorable!

Salty Dog ... I was in Istanbul on a previous cruise ... it is awesome ... and you won't believe the lights at night. The port wasn't convenient to walk into the city but the ship had a shuttle bus (lots cheaper than an excursion) that dropped us off at the Grand Bazaar. We found everything in walking distance .. (we were late 40's with a couple young adults with us -- all of us in pretty good physical condition). The people there are most friendly. However, for some tourist areas, I may recommend an excursion or outside tour so that there is someone to narrate what you are seeing. It is a city of contrasts ... very intriguing. Don't miss the spice market!!!! I would return to Istanbul in a heart beat.

salty, I agree! The first visit is the best and I haven't been to Greece or Turkey yet either. I'm really excited about this itinerary!

Jellzy, are you coming with us?

Linda

That sounds wonderful. I look forward to hearing the wail of the mosques, and being at intersection of Europe and Asia, and of so much history and culture.

DW is especially looking forward to Italy, and Greece has so much history too! I think there will be something for everyone on this trip.

salty, I agree! The first visit is the best and I haven't been to Greece or Turkey yet either. I'm really excited about this itinerary!

Jellzy, are you coming with us?

Linda

Linda: I sure hope so!!!!! Talking it over with my significant other. I like the itinerary and will be ready to go back by 2007!!!

salty, definitely something for everyone. I absolutely loved Italy and I know I'm going to be awed by Greece too.

Jellzy, I'm going to cross my all my fingers and toes and will be waiting to hear. Hope it isn't too long because I will be in pain soon :p

Linda

I never know where to post...too many threads!

Jellzy's coming....I'm twisting her arm behind her back and I write. DebNJoe and SIL/BIL are coming too. With us, that's 4 cabins. Linda - do we just need 8 cabins to be official?

Talked with Neal today and he answered some additional questions I had so wanted to pass the info. You guys may know this already.

He priced a 9A for me...it's quite a bit more but there are only 6 left already on this sailing so if anyone wants one, they need to snag it.

While I held, he called and found out that we will be allowed to disembark a day early if anyone is interested in skipping the overnight in Civitavecchia and head back in to Rome for the overnight. There's an early disembarkation form to be completed for customs and that's about it.

These prices he has are good through a date in May 06 so not a lot of time to sit on the fence. The balcony prices are good for a guarantee or an 8A or 8B cabin assignment.

Can't think what else we talked about! Can't think! Need to be packing and instead am on the computer procrastinating again! :D

I never know where to post...too many threads!

Jellzy's coming....I'm twisting her arm behind her back and I write. DebNJoe and SIL/BIL are coming too. With us, that's 4 cabins. Linda - do we just need 8 cabins to be official?

Talked with Neal today and he answered some additional questions I had so wanted to pass the info. You guys may know this already.

While I held, he called and found out that we will be allowed to disembark a day early if anyone is interested in skipping the overnight in Civitavecchia and head back in to Rome for the overnight. There's an early disembarkation form to be completed for customs and that's about it.

These prices he has are good through a date in May 06 so not a lot of time to sit on the fence. The balcony prices are good for a guarantee or an 8A or 8B cabin assignment. :D

Lezlee, we are already official! There is already more than enough interest and I think we're going to exceed 8 cabins before the weekend! You know us CCer's can be very persuasive and we haven't even started! Won't it be nice to have your friends along? I'll be working on mine next. ;)

Regarding the pricing... I was aware of the May 06 date and at lot depends on how fast this ship starts filling up. Neal is good at monitoring things for CC groups so no problem yet. However, as you say no one wants to sit on the fence too long. Carnival won't miss a chance to sell cabins by letting TA's hold space - which is pretty standard. Basically no guarantees for anyone trying to book after May and I'll keep everyone posted as we go along.

The early disembarktion is great news! That explains some of the strange transfer info they are loading on the Carnival site as "excursions". I guess I better check to see if this includes booking a hotel independently instead of through Carnival. I'll get clarification.

Also, as soon as possible we need to move our discussions over to the roll call board. That will make it easier for us too find all the info in one place too.

Linda

Lezlee, we are already official!

Wonderful! I'm still not sure if we'll get booked tomorrow or when we get back but our bunch will get booked. We're waiting on one person to give a final answer later tonight. We have to book together to get cabins together and yes, it's great to have friends along. We've sailed together before, doing it again next week so we already know we'll have a blast!

There's plenty of time for the excitement to build. Glad to hear Jellzey has been to Istanbul - always nice to have some inside info from someplace we haven't been. We're also the independent tour types.

I'm working on a few other people who probably won't make a decision until a little later! :D

Archived