Cover-More Travel Insurance

We have always used Allianz for travel insurance, but see that Costco has travel insurance through Zurich provided by Cover-More Inc.  Has anyone had any experience with Cover-More travel insurance?     Thanks!  

We use Cover More and on our last cruise I was unlucky enough to come down with Covid which meant four days of cabin isolation, diagnosis and anti-viral medication.  We put in a claim to Cover More and they are paying out everything we claimed.  We've never needed to claim anything previously on thirteen cruises so we are happy with that.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, horseymike said:

To obtain a Cover More policy did you have to purchase your cruise from Costco Travel ?

No. 

If you book through Costco Travel, the premium is 5% of the insured amount and you can do it all online.  If not booked through Costco Travel the premium is 6.5% of insured amount and you have to call Cover-More.

You do need a Costco membership, however.

I haven't had to file a claim with them, but the insurance coverage is very good, IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

No. 

If you book through Costco Travel, the premium is 5% of the insured amount and you can do it all online.  If not booked through Costco Travel the premium is 6.5% of insured amount and you have to call Cover-More.

You do need a Costco membership, however.

I haven't had to file a claim with them, but the insurance coverage is very good, IMHO.

If you don't book the travel through Costco, is it a different policy? I have found older threads that say there are differences but there is no follow up.  For example do both policies include 50% CFAR? Are premiums for both policies not dependent on age? Is there a link available to a sample policy for both situations?

You may book through Costco, with your Costco membership number.  If you book your cruise through Costco Travel, then you receive a greater discount on the insurance.  If you don't book through Costco, you still receive a discount, but not as much.  You need to call Costco Travel / Insurance and talk to a person.  

• Like 1

I just bought Cover-more insurance. I didn't purchase the cruise through Costco, the premium cost is 6.5% of the trip cost regardless the ages of the travelers. Only the primary person (person who purchases the insurance) needs to be Costco member. Given the advanced age of some in my party, the premium is half compared to other companies.

• Thanks 1