Moving up age in kids club

Neotericisis

Hi guys, 

We are traveling in March and my son will be 15 in July. He is a Freshman in High School. He does NOT want to be with the 12-14 group. I saw tours of the teen club online and I agree he should be with the teen group given the amenities and vibe of that lounge. The 12-14 group area is geared towards Middle School. On Carnival we were able to change kids club groups in situations like this when we traveled with his cousin who was close to his age. Does any one have any experience getting bumped up to the next kids club age group? 

Thanks for your help. 

2 hours ago, Neotericisis said:

Hi guys, 

We are traveling in March and my son will be 15 in July. He is a Freshman in High School. He does NOT want to be with the 12-14 group. I saw tours of the teen club online and I agree he should be with the teen group given the amenities and vibe of that lounge. The 12-14 group area is geared towards Middle School. On Carnival we were able to change kids club groups in situations like this when we traveled with his cousin who was close to his age. Does any one have any experience getting bumped up to the next kids club age group? 

Thanks for your help. 

Are you in the Yacht club? if so its basically a done deal.

You might run into the bracelet issue based on color. We have had a five year old and a seven being given different colors on Seaview but Meraviglia they had the same color yet different clubs

If not then that will depend on the number of kids. If you are sailing a vacation week it may be tough.  I sailed with my other young grand kids last year on Meraviglia and his birthday was only 2 weeks away and it was a no. I spoke to the YC concierge and it became a yes. Funny thing was after 20 minutes they did not want to stay and did not go back.

If he is allowed tell him to keep his age quite while with the older group. 

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Are you in the Yacht club? if so its basically a done deal.

You might run into the bracelet issue based on color. We have had a five year old and a seven being given different colors on Seaview but Meraviglia they had the same color yet different clubs

If not then that will depend on the number of kids. If you are sailing a vacation week it may be tough.  I sailed with my other young grand kids last year on Meraviglia and his birthday was only 2 weeks away and it was a no. I spoke to the YC concierge and it became a yes. Funny thing was after 20 minutes they did not want to stay and did not go back.

If he is allowed tell him to keep his age quite while with the older group. 

We’re not Yacht Club unfortunately. Its a Spring Break sailing so I expect it to be packed with kids. He is 6 ft tall, 220 lbs, and growing a baby beard/peach fuzz so hopefully they will see my line backer son and make an exception. He would stick out like a sore thumb with 12 year olds. He is a gentle giant and quite shy, so I hope they accommodate him. 

4 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

With MSC, things generally aren't set in stone. Some lines (like NCL) are strict with ages but MSC is more likely to look the other way for something like a couple of months.

Im hoping so. He is very noticeably a High Schooler and would not fit in with middle schoolers given his height. Hanging out with me and his aunt wont be fun and I don’t want him out on our balcony playing with his ipad all cruise. The arcade may help with making friends, but he is very shy, so having an organized way to meet kids his age would be much better. Thanks for your help!

On 1/20/2024 at 6:37 PM, Neotericisis said:

We’re not Yacht Club unfortunately. Its a Spring Break sailing so I expect it to be packed with kids. He is 6 ft tall, 220 lbs, and growing a baby beard/peach fuzz so hopefully they will see my line backer son and make an exception. He would stick out like a sore thumb with 12 year olds. He is a gentle giant and quite shy, so I hope they accommodate him. 

Wow,

Given his build and such they will more than likely let him in because 12 year olds would be intimidated. 

He needs to be a "non" gentle giant for a few minutes when you make the request.  Rough and tough don't belong with 12 year olds.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Wow,

Given his build and such they will more than likely let him in because 12 year olds would be intimidated. 

He needs to be a "non" gentle giant for a few minutes when you make the request.  Rough and tough don't belong with 12 year olds.

I would love to see him act tough lol!!!! His little chubby face would make me bust out laughing. But I think you’re right that his size will make them make an exception. He is literally a defensive lineman on the H.S. football team, he probably would take up a whole cubby in the youth section on his own. 

• Like 1