Yellow Fever Vaccine for Panama Canal Cruise (which stops in Peru and Ecuador)?

gilbster

Was just trying to double check on the various recommended health sites for the UK about if I need any vaccines for my upcoming cruise. I'm on the Norwegian Sun Santiago to Miami, via Peru, Ecuador, Panama Canal, stopping in Panama, Colombia and ending in Miami, next month,

The Fit For Travel site is claiming "

• Yellow fever vaccination certificate required for travellers aged 1 year or over arriving from countries with risk of yellow fever transmission. "  and of course a few of those port countries are on the risk list. 

The Panama Embassy UK site is saying

"

5. Do I need a yellow fever vaccine?

You do not need a yellow fever vaccine to travel to Panama.  Yellow fever vaccination certificates are only required and necessary when the traveller is coming or going from Brazil or some other countries in Africa. If you are not planning to have Brazil as part of your travel itinerary, it will be fine to travel without such certification. If you do, then it will be a requirement to obtain this certification once again."

So do I need a vaccine or not? NCL's site says to check things like Fit For Travel, and I really really don't want to risk being denied boarding.  Any ideas, anyone done this itinerary (or similar) recently, and have any advice?

I think you answered your own questions. 

Did a similar cruise a few years ago. We have not received the Yellow Fever vaccine. We have been through the Canal 4 times, and visited all those countries at least once, some more than once.

6 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

I think you answered your own questions. 

Did a similar cruise a few years ago. We have not received the Yellow Fever vaccine. We have been through the Canal 4 times, and visited all those countries at least once, some more than once.

It just feels like it's conflicting advice and I've spent more money on this holiday than I have for any other ever, and petrified I might get to Santiago to board, and have someone who decides that actually a certificate is required. 

That's good to know though.