How to get to Rum Point?

kenandlaura06

Man, I hate that .......... We were in Grand Cayman in December and was told on a board (not Cruise Critic) that 6 hours wasn't enough time to go to Rum Point and not feel rushed ........... If only I had known ........ I understand that there used to be a ferry to Rum Point but it wasn't running now ......... Had I know it was only a 45 minute drive, we would have done it in a heartbeat .......

We were slow getting started & got off tender around 9am. Did not even have a car rental arranged & were able to secure a jeep from Avis via that little round gazebo place...met van at Blue Iguana; drove us to airport, got jeep. Took the "long" way to Rum Point; still had time to relax for 2-3 hours, have lunch, return to Georgetown & shop a bit and that was with a town full of 14,000 passengers from 7 ships....we were so glad we escaped Georgetown. What a madhouse! Rum Point would have been worth it even if only for an hour....it was gorgeous.

• 3 weeks later...
How did you arrange for them to pick you up and then take you to the airport? How far a ride to airport? Where did you drop off the car?

I'd contact the different companies and see if they will pick you up, and if not, you could just grab a cab. The airport is just a short ride...maybe 5 minutes from the port area.

I've read that Avis will meet you at the Blue Iguana, which is right at the port area.

Archived