Cancelling a shore excursion on board

Has anyone been charged a cancellation fee for an excursion if cancelled on board before the deadline?   I reserved several last year for an upcoming cruise and on the email confirmation they sent it stated there would be a 10% fee if cancelled on board before the deadline.  I just reserved another excursion yesterday and the verbage is different.  It states money will be refunded if cancelled before the deadline minus any cancellation fees.  On the HAL website I didn't see any mention of a fee as long as you cancel before the deadline.  These are all just bus type day excursions.

I have a couple of shorex booked, some booked in November 2023 and one booked last night.  The verbage is identical on both.  I think the para you are referring to is this one:

If your tour is cancelled more than 3 days prior to cruise departure, a refund will be issued to the credit card that was used in the original transaction. Cancellations cannot be made online during the 3-day period prior to cruise departure. For cancellations made onboard the ship, a credit, less any cancellation fee, will be applied to your shipboard account. If the credit is not fully utilized during the cruise, the balance will be issued to your registered credit card at the end of the voyage.

This makes sense as it relates to cancellations made on board and being unable to cancel them for the three days prior to departure.  If you embark and then cancel two or more excursions (one or more of which is scheduled within the first three days of sailing and therefore subject to cancellation fees), then you will get a OBC for the shorex which are more than 3 days from cancellation date but any within the first 3 days will be deducted.

So you as soon as you embark you cancel excursion for day2, day5 and day 8, then the credit less the cancellation fee for day 2. will be applied to your onboard account.

At least I think that is what they intend...??

I have just checked the Navigator App and (as we have come to expect) the cancellation terms are different to the printed confirmation!  The app terms do indeed mention a 10% fee if cancelled onboard.

Thanks for your responses.  The 2 excursions I booked early last summer noted on the email confirmation from HAL a 10% fee would be charged if cancelled on board. It's a 5 wk cruise and the excursions are both long after boarding the ship so I have plenty of time to cancel but I feel a 10% cancellation fee before the deadline is a bit much since both are even sold out now with a waitlist. 

The excursion I booked a couple days ago was entirely different wording re cancellation.

Maybe the 10% cancellation fee onboard isn't applicable anymore.