An atypical question about parking and shade post cruise

KarenRB

I'll be disembarking in Miami, picking up a rental car, then driving up to Orlando to fly home the next day.  This will be in mid-April.  Even though the drive takes 3.5hrs, I'll have time to kill before I can check into the hotel so was planning on making a couple of stops.

Any suggestions on places to stop along the way the way that have either a garage or shade where I can park the car.  I'll have the luggage out of sight in the trunk but the interior of a car can get brutal in a short time in the sun in April.

Thanks

Thanks.  I'm also looking for places along the drive up to Orlando.  I know there's a garage in Hollywood by the Boardwalk so that'll probably be my first stop.

Well, you can park under the bridge @ 17th Street or the garage next to the Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale and ride the Water Taxi. I'm basically a local for Lauderdale. We've parked under the 17th Street bridge for 45 years, long before the Water Taxi existed.

• Thanks 1

There are four  large parking garages on A1A in Hollywood Beach. There are located at A1A and Harrison Street, Johnson Street, Connecticut Street and Nebraska Street. Parking on weekends is four dollars per hour. You have to walk over to either Margaritaville or Nick's Bar for a drink.