Ice cream on MSC

alserrod

Hello
I wanted to ask about the ice cream at MSC.

I understand that there is ice cream in the buffets and that the children's drink pack includes ice cream.

Does that mean adults don't have it included?
What type of ice cream is included in the packs? In which bars are they served?
What ice cream can you buy paying the price?

If you can paste a photograph (or a link to a website where some type of ice cream is available) I would appreciate it.

I have only seen soft serve available one time, I just never seemed to be in the buffet when they were serving it.

My recommendation to everyone is to simply buy gelato from the several locations selling it. It's only a few bucks. Just go in assuming that if you want ice cream, it's going to be a few dollars a day extra.

• Like 1

I don't recall ice cream in the buffet on Meriviglia.  There is soft serve by the pool, but the hours are limited (1 to 5 PM) compared to other lines.

You can get scooped ice cream for dessert in the MDR.

• Like 1

The only place I ever saw ice cream on MSC was on the Divina in 2022 and early 2023. They had a soft serve machine near the pool each afternoon from approx. 2 - 4 PM. It was free. On the May 2023 transatlantic cruise, they did not have it, and I have not seen that offered on Meraviglia, Seascape or Seashore.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alserrod said:

I wanted to ask about the ice cream at MSC.

It is worth mentioning again that the gelato is $4 for one scoop and $6 for two scoops. The third soft serve ice cream machine was not working out at the adult only Infinity Pool (but it was working a month ago). The one outside of the Market Place buffet at the Jungle Pool gelato station works and opens at 1pm. One morning at the Long Island pool I saw the soft serve ice cream machines filled and ready to serve (7 am). I inquired. The cones of soft serve are $5, Pina Colada or Strawberry Daiquiri ...Or a blend of both called a "Miami Vice". All non alcoholic. The soft serve ice cream is included in the non-alcoholic and kid's beverage packages. Ice cream sundaes are complimentary for dessert every lunch and dinner in all the MDRs.

Soft Serve ice cream machine is moved out most every afternoon inside the Market Place buffet starboard side Bread Station for complimentary cones 3:30 to 4:30 (however since this one is on wheels it can be moved to the back of the Market Place buffet next to the bar instead). This complimentary soft serve always has a long line. 

Edited by morpheusofthesea