New 2024 Mediterranean Voyage on-sale

TonyLon

I notice that Oceania are now selling (through UK TAs at least -  although not on their website) the last 6 nights of the existing Dubai to Trieste cruise, as a standalone voyage from Athens to Trieste (23rd to 29th May).

I'm assuming this is because the number of people on the first half of the cruise is very low (as the situation in the Red Sea mean that it is running from Dubai to Athens non-stop with 9 straight sea days) and Oceania want to at least get some revenue in on the latter part of the voyage.

There seem to be some good offers for this 6 day cruise, but my concern would be that it gets changed or cancelled at short notice, as no one can predict 4 months out how the cruiselines are going to reposition all their ships back from the Far East for their Mediterranean seasons.

Just wondered what other people views are on the wisdom of booking this trip. I'm certainly tempted, as seems to be a good value way of trying out Oceania for the first time.

As you say, no-one can predict the situation around the Middle East this far in advance. So, apologies, but there's no way I can suggest whether booking this one is wise or not. 

Unless we just wanted to do Greece and Athens on a pre land tour, or post in Venice , very few Americans would fly all the way to Athens for 5 days on a ship. Far more logical for our European counterparts.

Already taking a Group to Tuscany in September for two weeks. Much more relaxed and great food!

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Unless we just wanted to do Greece and Athens on a pre land tour, or post in Venice , very few Americans would fly all the way to Athens for 5 days on a ship. Far more logical for our European counterparts.

Already taking a Group to Tuscany in September for two weeks. Much more relaxed and great food!

If you haven't stayed and eaten at Pensione Bencista overlooking Florence, you must.  Trust me on this. 

22 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

If you haven't stayed and eaten at Pensione Bencista overlooking Florence, you must.  Trust me on this. 

Thank You for the recommendation. I’ll try to check it out! 🙏

• Like 1