Advise please - Regatta - Vista Suite

Jim_Iain

Would appreciate recommendations on choosing a Vista Suite -   Deck 6 or Deck 7  -  From the deck plans which are probably not to scale -  Deck 6 looks to have a larger deck but 7 looks like room is potentially a little deeper.   I would presume the Bridge above Deck 7 would be quiet???

image.thumb.png.a350991be90a0cbfc7b9a3658123cb53.png

We were in an Oceania Suite on Marina at the back of the ship. Friends were in a Vista. There are rules regarding lights in your suite at night, tying up the balcony furniture at night. Not sure about the smaller ships.

Jim, 

Take 7 if you really want a Vista Suite because the ones on 6 are above the Lounge, aka Theater and it could be noisy for awhile into the evening.  Also mentioned the requirement to keep drapes closed so as to not interfere with the Bridge staff. If motion of the ocean is an issue, those Suites do get an exciting ride.

Mauibabes

1 hour ago, SATaxman said:

We were in an Oceania Suite on Marina at the back of the ship. Friends were in a Vista. There are rules regarding lights in your suite at night, tying up the balcony furniture at night. Not sure about the smaller ships.

Thanks -- Can understand that.    Unfortunately Regatta doesn't have Oceania Suites.

On the Regatta Class ships they only have Owner's Suite and Vista Suites..   The Owner's Suite is about 20% larger than the Vista.  The Owner's Suites are Aft while the Vista's are forward.

If the Owner's Suite on Marina was the size of that on M and V Class I could see paying the extra money for it but not on the R Class.   Would love to hear from others if my assumptions are wrong.   

2 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Jim, 

Take 7 if you really want a Vista Suite because the ones on 6 are above the Lounge, aka Theater and it could be noisy for awhile into the evening.  Also mentioned the requirement to keep drapes closed so as to not interfere with the Bridge staff. If motion of the ocean is an issue, those Suites do get an exciting ride.

Mauibabes

Thanks -- drapes would not be a problem as we would always have them pulled at night.  We really aren't affected by the seas - unless we get tossed out of bed.   Thanks for information about the lounge.   Do you know how late music goes on in the Lounge?   We are rather late people.  

13 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Take 7 if you really want a Vista Suite because the ones on 6 are above the Lounge, aka Theater and it could be noisy for awhile into the evening.  

We can corroborate this as we always book the forward-facing A2 cabins between the Vista Suites, and have done so both on our preferred deck 7 and second-choice deck 6.  On 7, there's never a sound from above.  On 6, one can hear the show below (especially if there's loud heavy-beat music involved) and one can also hear afternoon rehearsals which can be annoying while trying to nap on a sea-day or after returning from a morning tour and lunch.  Go with 7.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DrHemlock said:

We can corroborate this as we always book the forward-facing A2 cabins between the Vista Suites, and have done so both on our preferred deck 7 and second-choice deck 6.  On 7, there's never a sound from above.  On 6, one can hear the show below (especially if there's loud heavy-beat music involved) and one can also hear afternoon rehearsals which can be annoying while trying to nap on a sea-day or after returning from a morning tour and lunch.  Go with 7.

Thank you much.  

One more question please,  since you have been in A2 cabins between the Visa Suites,   To you hear any noise between the connecting cabins.    From what I saw on a YouTube video -  there is a connecting door between the two.    Looking at the deckplan it looks like the connecting door is in the bedroom. 

We were in a Deck 7 Vista Suite on Sirena just over a year ago.  Same ship as Regatta.  It was perfect, even though the movement in a huge North Sea swell one night was more than considerable.  That didn’t concern us; and I actually quite enjoy the movement of the seas.  The only drawback was the strong blast of air as we opened the door to venture on the forward-facing large deck while at sea.  It was a magnificent vantage point gliding into and out of ports.  A very comfortable and spacious suite.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

One more question please,  since you have been in A2 cabins between the Visa Suites,   To you hear any noise between the connecting cabins.    From what I saw on a YouTube video -  there is a connecting door between the two.    Looking at the deckplan it looks like the connecting door is in the bedroom. 

Yes and no.  We often hear loud conversations (especially phone calls to family ashore) through the wall from the adjacent A2, but I don't recall hearing anything from the Vista suite on the other side.

I'm not familiar with the YouTube video you reference but I can tell you from having sailed in forward-facing A2s on decks 7 and 6 on all of O's R-class ships that there are no connecting doors, neither with each other nor with the adjacent Vista suites.  The deck plan at the top of this thread confirms it as there are no double-hashmarks (or whatever they're called) shown between the A2s and the Vistas.  (Look at 7022-24 and 7025-27 to see the connecting door symbol.)

OTOH, we once investigated forward-facing cabins on Riviera or Marina (I forget which) and those did connect to the adjacent suites.  Maybe one of them was where the YouTube video was shot.

Edited by DrHemlock