118 days out, paid up, can’t make main dining ressies?

dizgal64

1 minute ago, HMSDingy said:

That's because you have a Premier package but what if one doesn't?

In that case you are charged right away on your saved credit card.  However you can cancel at any time and are credit back right away.

2 weeks out from our cruise on Ruby Princess. Other cruise lines you can make your dining time on their app day to day - can’t you do that on Princess?  Rep tells me no availability for a private table for 2.  We have to eat at 5 pm with a group!  Is that true?  I didn’t realize I had to make anytime reservations before the ship sailed.  Also, every time I call I get a rep that I have a hard time understanding…

22 hours ago, lin14534 said:

2 weeks out from our cruise on Ruby Princess. Other cruise lines you can make your dining time on their app day to day - can’t you do that on Princess?  Rep tells me no availability for a private table for 2.  We have to eat at 5 pm with a group!  Is that true?  I didn’t realize I had to make anytime reservations before the ship sailed.  Also, every time I call I get a rep that I have a hard time understanding…

Two weeks out is pretty late to be making reservations. They have probably already booked the percentage that they will do ahead of time. Keep in mind that you will be able to do a walk up, though you may have to wait a few minutes. There are always some reservations "held back" for people who just don't want to deal with the app or other situations. 

I am not sure what is the reasoning behind not making casual restaurants reservations ahead of time. I am sure there is a reason but that would free up some of the MDR reservations.  I have all 10days booked but planning on trading out some of the MDR times for casual once we get on board and we are able to do so.

On other cruise lines for “casual” dining you don’t need to set a time for each day of the week months ahead of your cruise.  Why call it casual dining?  How the heck do you know what you’re doing on the ship each day months ahead?  I wasn’t aware of this “casual” dining requirement so I guess we’ll just see how it goes - it might be the buffet for us

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 5:47 PM, MacMadame said:

I used the new app and booked dining over 300 days out and I haven't paid in full. This is supposedly not possible but every time I check, my reservations are still there. 🤷‍♂️

I mention this because I believe you should be able to regardless of how far out your cruise is.

Yeah, same for me. No trouble booking up to 400 days plus. Was guessing due to Elite. 

Have also been able to add travel companions from other bookings not Elite join my reservations.

Reservations all still there on new app for all cruises....yay...