Icon of the Seas Overview. Jan 20-23

On 1/29/2024 at 6:47 AM, CruisingWalter said:

Thank you! With only 3 days onboard the ship, everything turned into a blur after a while. 🙂

oh thats ok.  I am unsure it I will like the new venue and the circular rink.   I rather liked studio B 

But I will find out in early May for myself.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

oh thats ok.  I am unsure it I will like the new venue and the circular rink.   I rather liked studio B 

But I will find out in early May for myself.

It's a beautiful venue that's much more of a show theater than an ice rink. As with everything else, the level upgrades of the tech and the venues is over the top on this ship. That new AquaTheater is just ridiculously amazing too. 

22 hours ago, Sherry84 said:

Looks amazing, thanks for sharing!

Also meant to ask, with the capacity being so large does it seem that the ship will feel crowded sailing at max capacity from what spaces you've seen?

20 hours ago, Sherry84 said:

Also meant to ask, with the capacity being so large does it seem that the ship will feel crowded sailing at max capacity from what spaces you've seen?

With 4000 on our sailing it felt empty for the most part. Dueling Pianos was full every evening, that will be a hopping spot on every cruise. Bolero's was pretty crowded as was Lou's Jazz Club in Central Park, but that crowd was primarily outside in Central Park. With the wide open design of that space, you can sit outside and listen to the music.

The AquaDome seating area is actually smaller (I think) than the Oasis Class seating. It's more intimate so you will want to get there earlier if you can to get good seats. I sat in the very last row of 'the main bowl' and they were great seats. 

The addition of that walkway all the way through the promenade on Deck 6 will be a huge help in 'traffic flow' when the Promenade is hopping. Really the worst logjam is probably going to be Playmakers with everyone queuing for Absolute Zero and then the massive crowd editing Absolute Zero through Playmakers. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2024 at 3:33 AM, CruisingWalter said:

It's a beautiful venue that's much more of a show theater than an ice rink. As with everything else, the level upgrades of the tech and the venues is over the top on this ship. That new AquaTheater is just ridiculously amazing too. 

I hope so because a circular ice rink is kind of odd and at least they have backstage area to get a running start.  Agree the Aqua Theatre looks better and nice to see restaurants nearby by. I feel like those nicer comfy chairs in the back will get taken first as those benches look hard.  

• Like 1