Any formal nights?

MomC

On cruises of 16 nights or more there are two Formal Optional nights

The simple dress code is outlined in the FAQs on the RSSC website

On sailings of 16 nights or more, Formal and Semi-Formal attire is optional on two of the evenings. On the two Formal Optional evenings, guests are welcome to dress as per the elegant Casual dress code or opt for a more formal choice of clothing including gowns and cocktail dresses for ladies; tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with tie for gentlemen

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 7:22 AM, Horatio Snowblower said:

"Formal nights" are optional. Some dress to the nines, others (ourselves included) keep to the standard evening dress code. It's up to you.

I’m sailing next year’s World Cruise and I definitely will be bringing evening wear. Not ball gowns, of course, but cocktail dresses or similar.  It is nice to dress up a bit more occasionally, especially if on board for five months.  In any case, I think these ships and restaurants are worth dressing up for.  It will not bother me if a neighbour has on slacks and a nice blouse when I’m wearing calf length chiffon. I hope my choice won’t bother anyone else, either. 😀

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 2SailingNomads said:

About that 16 night level... We have an upcoming cruise longer than 16 nights and as per documentation from Regent there are no formal nights.  A bit confusing IMO.

image.thumb.png.3fdece252805b759d9fc3f3f7d4f50cf.png

Perhaps because it's the Caribbean?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

About that 16 night level... We have an upcoming cruise longer than 16 nights and as per documentation from Regent there are no formal nights.  A bit confusing IMO.

image.thumb.png.3fdece252805b759d9fc3f3f7d4f50cf.png

Your cruise is also sold as two separate segments of 7 nights and 10 nights (changeover day Feb 16th in Puerto Rico); hence no Formal Optional nights.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Your cruise is also sold as two separate segments of 7 nights and 10 nights (changeover day Feb 16th in Puerto Rico); hence no Formal Optional nights.

This is the reason.

I am assuming we need to wait for the printed itinerary which comes with the boarding passes to see the formal nights?  My cruise is not until July, but is 18 nights (one segment), Reykjavik to London on Splendor.  None of the online itineraries show it in that format.

1 hour ago, Bruce61 said:

I am assuming we need to wait for the printed itinerary which comes with the boarding passes to see the formal nights?  My cruise is not until July, but is 18 nights (one segment), Reykjavik to London on Splendor.  None of the online itineraries show it in that format.

Bow ties usually show on the activities planner in “my Silversea”.  Very occasionally the date might change once on board for various reasons.

7 hours ago, Bruce61 said:

I am assuming we need to wait for the printed itinerary which comes with the boarding passes to see the formal nights?

The Formal Optional nights will be shown on your "Preliminary Vacation Summary" which will be emailed by Regent to you or your TA about 8-10 weeks prior to your cruise.

• Thanks 1