Beyond the Beach?

Marie2

Hello, I am looking for anyone who has used Beyond the Beach and would they recommend them? They are highly rated on trip advisor and have been very responsive to my emails. Outside the port, Martinique looks like a lovely place to visit and I want to find a good tour company that will not disappoint. We have looked at many reviews from cruisers who say to skip this port but I have also looked at many non cruise reviews and it seems like a great island to vacation to. I realize it is a French speaking island and I don’t expect everyone to know English who we encounter. This is what makes me excited to explore

the culture and island. I need a good tour guide to help us navigate. I also noticed

that one  of the  tours Beyond the Beach offers is the exact same cooking class that royal is offering as an excursion (for a much higher price) the pictures, description, and name of the host were the same. So if this is a company Royal uses, I feel better about that. Has anyone used Beyond the Beach recently? I saw a few posters that have said they booked them, how was your experience?

Edited by Marie2

Whatever you do DO NOT stay on the ship at this destination. Martinique is magnificent. Christelle Eugene of Karambola Tours and forget everything else. Have fun, we had an absolute blast. Real deal top shelf tour. 

• Thanks 1

I am surprised by the number of people who say to stay on the ship. Martinique is one of the reasons we chose to do this sailing so I want to make sure we get to see the island. It looks gorgeous. Thank you for your response! 

8 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Whatever you do DO NOT stay on the ship at this destination. Martinique is magnificent. Christelle Eugene of Karambola Tours and forget everything else. Have fun, we had an absolute blast. Real deal top shelf tour. 

Haha don’t mind me. I can’t figure out how to properly edit on these boards so I was trying to add the above quote to the above post. I think I figured it out for next time!

Edited by Marie2

2 minutes ago, Marie2 said:

I am surprised by the number of people who say to stay on the ship. Martinique is one of the reasons we chose to do this sailing so I want to make sure we get to see the island. It looks gorgeous. Thank you for your response! 

Your welcome.

I've been doing this a long time Martinique went straight to the top of being one of my favorite islands. Great vibe, absolutely stunning flora and landscape. I highly recommend a booking a full day island tour like I did on my first visit. 

I can't wait to go back to Martinique.

13 minutes ago, Marie2 said:

Haha don’t mind me. I can’t figure out how to properly edit on these boards so I was trying to add the above quote to the above post. I think I figured it out for next time!

No worries your good.😎😎🌟🌟🌟😎😎

We will have our school aged children with us so altogether we have a decent sized group and found a private full day tour. Two must sees are St. Pierre and we are going to see the Martinique zoo which is mainly for the kids, but I have read it is set among sugar plantation ruins and is also next to the Balata gardens so adults can get the scenery and the kids can get the animals. We originally were going to also stop at a waterfall, river, and black sand beach but I might reach out and see if we can stop for lunch somewhere instead. We have beach excursions for our other island stops and I think I want to keep this to land. Has anyone been to any of the above places? The south looks amazing too, particularly Le Salines beach but the hour drive there deterred us at least for this trip. 

Sounds wonderful. St. Pierre is that the church up in the mountains? I was there it's magnificent. Take lots of pictures. Views are stunning and drive into the rainforest is real deal. The flora on this island is something I've never seen before. 

Hopefully you get to visit the DePaz Distillery at the base of Mt. Pelee. It's beautiful. Have a great trip and if you get a chance come back here and give us a review of your day on Martinique. 

Take care

We were originally not interested in the rum distillery but may keep that in mind if it’s at the base of Mount Pelee. St. Pierre is the town that was destroyed by Mount Pelee. I believe it was the capital at the time. Our trip is pretty far out but I will definitely post a review when we are back!

I went into town you'll see exactly where the lava flow came down and took out 30K people in about 20 seconds about 100 or so years ago. If you go back in this Martinique forum you'll see where I posted pictures of some our our tour. 

The DePaz Distillery is really something you don't want to miss plus it's right near St. Pierre. You might want to go visit the church up in the mountains. 

You'll figure it out. Your totally headed in the right direction, no worries. Have fun.🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I toured with Beyond the Beach in Martinique just a week and a half ago.  We did their northern tour and had a nice day.  They gave very detailed directions for meeting them at the port, and seemed very organized and responsive. Our guide was very good.  The same tour through Princess would have cost much more.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cruiser620 said:

I toured with Beyond the Beach in Martinique just a week and a half ago.  We did their northern tour and had a nice day.  They gave very detailed directions for meeting them at the port, and seemed very organized and responsive. Our guide was very good.  The same tour through Princess would have cost much more.   

Thank you so much for your response. It’s good to hear from those that have used this company. 

• 3 weeks later...