Expedition trip flight back to Buenos Aires

westmount

I see that disembarkation from the Venture is stated as 7 am, but I didn't see what time the flight back to Buenos Aires leaves Ushuaia so as to plan my return flight home. Going in December and very excited.

Westmount 

There are two flights back, around 10am and 11am, you'll be out of your room by 8am and off the ship shortly thereafter.

Most flights out are afternoon/evening and you'll be there with lots of time to spare..,.possibly far too much time.

There is a holiday inn near the airport that rents day rooms if you need a place to hang before your flight.

My Flight would be at 445 PM and was worried, as a rep from Seabourn mentioned arrival at 5 pm , which didn't really make sense unless the incoming passengers flew down late morning. I gather the flights down are early morning then.

Westmount 

2 hours ago, westmount said:

My Flight would be at 445 PM and was worried, as a rep from Seabourn mentioned arrival at 5 pm , which didn't really make sense unless the incoming passengers flew down late morning. I gather the flights down are early morning then.

Westmount 

We disembarked the Venture a few weeks ago and our flight back from Ushuaia landed at EZE in B.A at 2:30pm.  That leaves you 2H15M to make your flight.  In many airports that will work but due to our experience I would not count on it.  I had heard about the nightmare that is EZE and it was confirmed.  I have traveled internationally to over 60 countries in my career and I can honestly say that the Buenos Aires airport was the worst I have ever experienced.  Besides the noise and chaos, there are myriad time gobblers.  First, you do not deplane at a gate.  The charter flight from Ushuaia lands out on the tarmac and you need to take a bus to the terminal.  That takes time.  Then, the baggage handlers take-how should I say it-a laid back approach and it takes a greater than usual time to get your bags at baggage claim.  Then you have to carry your bags to the international terminal for check in.  That takes time.  The check in was pure chaos with an endless line.  We were in business class and it still took us 2 hours to get our bags tagged.  Then you have to go through security, another chaotic experience.  There is no such thing as a fast pass lane as with many countries; you just have to wait it out.   Then, for whatever reason I still can’t fathom, they put you through an emigration line that checks your passport the same way that immigration did when you arrived in Argentina. This line took us 45 minutes to get through.    Then you have find your gate and it could be a 15 minute walk.

Having the experience I did, if I wanted a 4:45pm flight I would take a hotel room and fly out the next day.  Or take a later flight giving myself 3.5+ hours to make the connection.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, westmount said:

Westmount 

Don't take that AC flight.  Lots leave later in the evening.

• Like 1

Have been advised our charter flight to BA is 10:23 arriving 13:53.

Our flight out is 17:50. We are going back into our Recoleta hotel until the following evening based on the principle of whatever can go wrong, will.😩

Edited by BasandSyb

28 minutes ago, westmount said:

Thank you fellow travelers , I know a mess when it’s coming . I’ll change to a later flight or next day , life is too short to play with fire for no reason 

Westmount 

As the Templar Knight said in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade:  You have chosen wisely 🙂