Port Everglades - Car Hire shuttle

L74

Hi guys

We have a cruise leaving from PE at the end of April.  We are staying in LBTS for the 4 night before the cruise and planned to Uber from there to the port on the Saturday morning.

We are now considering maybe hiring a car for the 4 night duration and I believe it is possible to drop the car off on the morning of the cruise and get a (free?) shuttle to the port.  If this is an option are you able to advise of any companies that offer this?

Thanks L&Dx

3 minutes ago, L74 said:

Hi guys

We have a cruise leaving from PE at the end of April.  We are staying in LBTS for the 4 night before the cruise and planned to Uber from there to the port on the Saturday morning.

We are now considering maybe hiring a car for the 4 night duration and I believe it is possible to drop the car off on the morning of the cruise and get a (free?) shuttle to the port.  If this is an option are you able to advise of any companies that offer this?

Thanks L&Dx

Budget (and Avis) have a drop off on Miami Road, Fort Lauderdale with a free shuttle to the cruise terminals.  We used Budget last December and were happy with our experience.  Also, we found Budget had very competitive one-way rental rates.

Hi guys,

We are doing that in reverse, needing to get to Fort Lauderdale airport after the cruise finishes to pick up a rental car.

We have a sixt rental car booked.  So does anybody know if there is airport shuttle bus from the terminal so I can go and get the rental car?  Or should I book a taxi?

No shuttle from cruise terminal to airport.  No need to book a taxi; there will be plenty on hand and allmyou need to do is hop in and tell the driver to take you to the car rental centre at the airport.  It will probably cost about $20 with tip included.

We will be renting a car for 3 days following our April cruise on Symphony. We'll need to get to the rental office from the ship then from the rental office to FLL after dropping the car off. Anyone have experience doing this. Are shuttles available?

19 minutes ago, RWMike said:

We will be renting a car for 3 days following our April cruise on Symphony. We'll need to get to the rental office from the ship then from the rental office to FLL after dropping the car off. Anyone have experience doing this. Are shuttles available?

You may want to consider going directly from the ship (by taxi) to the airport to pick up and drop off there.  Otherwise, shuttling (if available) could be time-consuming and not on any schedule you'll have control over.

1 hour ago, RWMike said:

Sounds like a good plan. Taxi or Uber to rental office? I've heard many horror stories about taxi's in the area.

I've never used Uber so cannot comment on that.  I've taken dozens of taxis from the cruise port to the airport and local hotels and have never had a problem.  Just ask the driver to take you to the car rental centre at the airport; he'll start the meter and away you go.  Should take less than 15 minutes.

The Avis/budget shuttle from the port, runs every 30 minutes, which makes it tedious. If you’ve just missed one. It might be worth getting an Uber if there are a lot of people waiting, so you don’t have the lineup when you get there.

Avis and Budget  on Miami Road seems to be a hot mess to me. In Dec 2023 on Azamara Onward drop off and shuttle to ship was a little long but acceptable. On return we waited 70 min for shuttle pickup.Still wasnt there so took a taxi to the location. Asked about the taxi being refunded. No go.

Car was shown as full on rental agreement but actually had 3/4 of a tank. Not really a big deal but but had to go back in and then try to put 3/4 of a tank in the car.

Should have just taken lyft/taxi to the airport. Would have saved tons of time(shuttle,counter line and gas) and been only a few dollars more. The google maps reviews and others have a lot of bad reviews. You may have a different/wonderful experience.