Double-Billed for Shore Excursion (Queen Anne)

portadown

On 7 January 2024, I purchased a shore excursion on the Queen Anne, sailing in June 2024 to the Norwegian fjords. The day after I made the purchase, I noticed that my credit card had been double-billed for the amount. I contacted Cunard (UK) by phone, and the agent promised to forward the request for repayment to the finance office. She said to expect a response in five to seven business days.  Nothing happened. On 22 January, I spoke with Cunard again, and the agent said that she would expedite the request.  Still nothing has happened. I'm not sure what else I should do or whom I should contact.

3 minutes ago, portadown said:

On 7 January 2024, I purchased a shore excursion on the Queen Anne, sailing in June 2024 to the Norwegian fjords. The day after I made the purchase, I noticed that my credit card had been double-billed for the amount. I contacted Cunard (UK) by phone, and the agent promised to forward the request for repayment to the finance office. She said to expect a response in five to seven business days.  Nothing happened. On 22 January, I spoke with Cunard again, and the agent said that she would expedite the request.  Still nothing has happened. I'm not sure what else I should do or whom I should contact.

Speak to one’s credit card company, requesting a Section 75, with full explanation why to CC.

The CC will reverse the erroneous payment.

One had a similar action, where Cunard charged one for WiFi (twice on last day), despite being a Diamond Member.

Is it possible you bought it twice?  If so, you could cancel both and then rebook the excursion.

Based on my recent experiences, I don't think any major company still has a functional customer service department.  

• Haha 1