NCL BOGO Air Question

sbaker

I'm sure this is already answered somewhere, but I can't find it.  If we decide to do the BOGO air fare, how soon prior to our cruise will we likely receive our itinerary?  

3 hours ago, sbaker said:

I'm sure this is already answered somewhere, but I can't find it.  If we decide to do the BOGO air fare, how soon prior to our cruise will we likely receive our itinerary?  

We received ours 68 days out.  Others 75.  This is for the Sydney to Tahiti Spirit.  

We have had 3 months out and 45 days out.  For us it's never a big deal.  Knock on wood - all BOGO have been flights haven't been bad.  We're going to South America next month with our BOGO air and got the flights before Thanksgiving!

12 hours ago, sbaker said:

Believe it or not, 109 days and this was after Ncl wanted $300 from us to get tix 100 days out.  Funny thing the $300 extra would’ve gotten us a late flight and we got an afternoon one.  Go figure 

1 hour ago, tokidoki said:

Believe it or not, 109 days and this was after Ncl wanted $300 from us to get tix 100 days out.  Funny thing the $300 extra would’ve gotten us a late flight and we got an afternoon one.  Go figure 

Can you explain this a little more. Was it an online form, email, phone call into premium air?

I haven’t seen where you can customize the BOGO flights for a fee anywhere. At least in my experience. 

We've booked two cruises with BOGO Airfare. On our domestic flight from SYR to FLL we received the tickets around 60 days out (March 2022 cruise) and on our international SYR to BCN we received the tickets 90-something days out (November 2023 cruise). Friends received tickets between 45 and 25 days out for the same SYR to FLL trip. Same deviation, same cruise, different flights. 

37 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

Can you explain this a little more. Was it an online form, email, phone call into premium air?

I haven’t seen where you can customize the BOGO flights for a fee anywhere. At least in my experience. 

Got an email offering me the following flights if I paid an additional $300, I refused.  Ended up getting better flights from nyc to Seattle direct and instead of coming back at 9:40pm, I got 1:36

we have taken advantage of BOGO 1 time so far.  I have 2 booked.  The one I we have experienced was for July 2022 cruise.  we received flights 27 days before. For a planner that is nerve-wreaking. but the savings were unbeatable.  we had a 2 day deviation both ways, and had decent flight times.  LAX direct to LHR (red-eye left at 9:30pm...ish) and the return was KFL to MSP to LAX (9:30AM departure)  we landed in LA at 2:30.

The other times that I had it and then had it removed, we were able to secure great flights/times/with upgraded experience for the same amount or a bit more as what we were paying NCL to book the flights for us. example: the portion of cruise fare that I was paying NCL was 100 - one way flight - I got us first class for 200 each.  so yes, double the price, but I got to pick my time, and experiece.  that was worth it to me.

We always take the bogo, and then I look at flights, if I can get it on a deal, then great i have it removed from our reservation.  If not, then I am covered.  DH will NOT fly day of embarkation, so we always get deviation of at least 1 day.  Depending on the destination, it may be 2 days.  my next 2 are to HI and SEA.  SEA is day before, and HI is 2 days before.